question on gauge cluster

-

Young Gun Smith

Reaction score
this is probilly a stupid question but im just starting my voaiage in the car world and i for some reason cant get my gauges off to grease the spedo cable any sugestions greatly apreciated.

Looks like I'll be the first to tell you "it's a pain".

First you need to drop your steering colum. You will need that extra room to tilt out the cluster.. In the center of the cluster, you can't see, is a hump that goes down behind the dash. You will have to "pry" it out while tilting the cluster down and pulling it up. If that makes since.
Then there is the wiring. two plugs one on each side of the gauge. If you are not careful you can break the pins on the back of the board.

Or if your gauge works and your hands are small enough, reach under the dash and un-clip the cable. Its hard to explain how to unhook it. there is a plug on the back of the speedothat the cable goes to. the cable pushes on the plug. there is a clip on the end of the cable that needs to be pressed to release it. I may be able to get you pics from my gauge cluster that is sitting on the bench but it may be a day or 2.

Or maybe some one here has pics already they can share. Sorry if this seams confussing. PM me if you need more help.

ok thanks i havent had the time to start on it yet but when i do ill will probilly need some more help

-
Back