Question on my Numbers

-

6d8gtjag

Reaction score
Can anyone out there help me??

I took some numbers off my 318 V8 engine yesterday that doesn't even come close to my VIN BUT the numbers that I took do not really match any VIN. I took down the numbers off the front of the engine near the time chain cover on the lip of the block. Help Help The numbers that I wrote down off the motor are: PM318R 24141515 My VIN is: LP23F8B320328 Now I know that if you are looking to see if your numbers match you would look at the last eight numbers off your VIN to match the motor. Other numbers that I recorded are: 2536030-318-7 which are casting numbers. If someone can get me straight Please help. Thanks John:read2:

Can anyone out there help me??

I took some numbers off my 318 V8 engine yesterday that doesn't even come close to my VIN BUT the numbers that I took do not really match any VIN. I took down the numbers off the front of the engine near the time chain cover on the lip of the block. Help Help The numbers that I wrote down off the motor are: PM318R 24141515 My VIN is: LP23F8B320328 Now I know that if you are looking to see if your numbers match you would look at the last eight numbers off your VIN to match the motor. Other numbers that I recorded are: 2536030-318-7 which are casting numbers. If someone can get me straight Please help. Thanks John:read2:
PM318R 24141515 is the engine assembly number

PM = Plant = Mound road assembly plant
318 = CID
R = regular fuel
2414 = 10K day callendar assembly date = Assembled March 7, 1968
1515 = engine assembled that day.

If this is a 68 model year engine assembly, chances are good it does not have a VIN stamping.

Thank You for the engine numbers information. You know how it is when you have numbers that do not make any heads or tails, at least for me it was until you helped. Thnaks again

in 68 the engine numbers are on the drivers side rear of the block , just below the head , in front of the bellhousing , hard to read with the hood on ,a mirror may help. these numbers should match the fender tag ..not the vin. hope this helps ...

Your VIN number shows up as a 1968 Dart 2 door hardtop with a 318. I'm not sure about the 318 being a 'F' code. My book is a little sketchy in the late 60's.

-
Back