Question on when to apply stripes.

-

Mr.FT

Reaction score
Well after 2 years of body work we finely shot the B3 72 Demon 340 @ a week ago. Base coat / Clear Coat, Starting the sanding (3) and the polishing (3) now. My Question is when to apply the stripe kit? Before or after the final waxing?? I purchased the stripe kit from Phoenix Graphics and don't want to screw them up.

Thanks for any advice.

Tom

Why wouldn't you ask Phoenix Graphics this question?
I wouldn't trust the cost of a set of stripes and the work to install them to a bunch of internet hacks like us......

With base clear, unless it was baked, wait about a month before applying them. The clear still gasses off for about that long. Apply them before the wax.

PS... I do vehicle graphics for a living. Install them on a wax-free surface, please.

:glasses7:

Thanks for all the replies!!
On Phoenix Graphics the question just came up today (Sunday) I will follow up with them tomorrow.

Thanks
Tom

Just curious, do people ever apply the stripes and then clear over them?

DO NOT !! put any wax on it. Putting wax on a freshly painted car is asking for trouble. Same with the stripe. Depending on drying time & temp. in the area that the car sits in. You can wet sand & buff a car the next day (depending on temp) but no wax. If you can hold a temp. at 70 in that area I would give it 2 to 3 weeks before the stripe. Just me but I never put wax on any of my old cars. They never see any snow, sleet, road salt or a lot of sun. I use a good detailer. I would give it months before wax, if not you could trap the solvent that is evaporating.

-
Back