QUESTION --- Re: PST Front Suspension Rebuild Kit

-

RPMagoo

Just An Old Motorhead
Reaction score
I recently purchased a, base rubber, front suspension rebuild kit from PST. - I have a 65 Valiant that has been converted to disc brakes, by the previous owner. Apparently a 1973+ disc brake set-up was used. -- Because I specified an earlier version for the kit -- The ball joint bolts are too small in diameter. -- QUESTION -- Are the 4 ball joints the only parts of the kit that need to be replaced ? -- Reason for asking is that PST is closed until Monday, and I would like to proceed with the project using the remainder of the parts, in the kit, and get the ball joints exchanged later. -- Hopefully, someone, here, has the knowledge to answer this question. -- Thanks, in advance.

If I remember correctly the ball joints are not specific to PST and you can use any manufactures ball joints. See if your local parts house had Moog or any other quality brand parts as the newer large joints are fairly easy to obtain at a reasonable price and you will not have to wait till Monday and shipping to you!

You need upper and lower joints for 73-6 with disc brakes. The rest is ok. Are the upper arms large joint or did they use a DrDiff sleeve? I'm betting it's the 73-up arms.

-- and you will not have to wait till Monday and shipping to you! --
-- Not sure if PST will refund just part of the kit. -- I will get as far as I can, then have the joints sent here via UPS Overnight - N.J. to Pa. should be quick.

You need upper and lower joints for 73-6 with disc brakes. The rest is ok. Are the upper arms large joint or did they use a DrDiff sleeve? I'm betting it's the 73-up arms.
Didn't know the late A body arms would fit in an Early A body! Good to know!

Those joints fit up to 72. I'd cross reference the part #'s to be sure. If you ordered them for KH disc brakes they may be different than drum brakes for the lowers.

-- Those joints fit up to 72. I'd cross reference the part #'s to be sure. If you ordered them for KH disc brakes they may be different than drum brakes for the lowers. --
-- I don't understand what You are saying. - I just ordered a kit for My 65 Valiant, and told PST that it had disc brakes.

Pst will swap, it will just take a while with the back and forth... may just want to buy ones local and sell those... if you are in a hurry.

The KH disc brakes used the smaller joints than the later cars. The upper joints are from the early 60's until 72 disc and drum. The lowers for the KH disc may be different than the drum cars. If you ordered your kit for a 65 with disc's they would have been for KH 4 piston brakes.

-
Back