Question!!

-

la2alle

Bad Fish 65
Reaction score
Hi,

Can someone tell me what an original stall is on a 1965 Barracuda (273) torque convertor? Thanx!

1600 to 2200 I believe, but I would wait for a good tech to jump in, these older lite cars did not require a high stall if I am correct .. I hope someone jumps in soon for you.

Hi,

Can someone tell me what an original stall is on a 1965 Barracuda (273) torque convertor? Thanx!
To test the stall on your current torque converter: With the engine running and the brake pedal held firmly with your left foot put the selector in drive and depress the accelerator fully to the floor with your right foot for two to three seconds. Your stall speed will be the maximum RPM shown on the tach.
Good Luck!

To test the stall on your current torque converter: With the engine running and the brake pedal held firmly with your left foot put the selector in drive and depress the accelerator fully to the floor with your right foot for two to three seconds. Your stall speed will be the maximum RPM shown on the tach.
Good Luck!

This is not correct. The only way you can test the converter stall speed in this manner is if you have a manual valve body and can use high gear to do the stall test.

This is not correct. The only way you can test the converter stall speed in this manner is if you have a manual valve body and can use high gear to do the stall test.
I have a factory chassis service manual that was in the trunk of a 72 challenger I had back in the 80's that describes the same stall test. That would have been on factory cars without manual valve bodies. It also recommends the addition of a pint of sulferized ester in the crankcase of engines used for maximum performance.

2k at best with a flash reading. Why are you asking? A few hun either way won't make a difference in performance.

-
Back