Question?

-

71 dart R/T

Reaction score
Hello to all fellow A body men. I'm new to the group and have a question for everyone. I recived my new MCG Mag yesterday and saw a artcle in it about a Mr. Norms Demon that had been completly restored. Has I read through the artcle and checked out the pics I noticed on the hood, the Demon had a hood Tack. I am wondering is this a iteam that only came on the Norm Demons or was that a option form dodge? I liked the way it looked and I am restoring a 71 Dart and would really like to find one for my car. Does anyone know how I could find one or was this just something that was way rare. It looked like the same kind of Tack that was used on the 70 Buick GSS.

Any help would be great

Thanks Preston :banghead:

I personally haven't seen any "factory" hood tachs on a Dart but that doesn't mean anything- as for Mr Norm- he did pretty much whatever he wanted! I know the Challengers and Super Bees had the option as well as others I imagine. The actual tach was produced by a company named Dixco- they made them for GTOs, Firebirds, Buicks, Mustangs and Mopars- just changed the faces. I'm sure someone else will probably know more here!

If you do find one and it needs to be fixed or whatever checkout the Tach Man - Thats all he does, and I think it says he can make a new face for it so if you find a Pontiac one(alot easier), than he can make it a mopar one.

-
Back