Questions about 67 Dart Heater controls?

-

LovetheA's

Reaction score
Yup you guessed it. Have another problem with the 67 dart. I think that whomever did the work on the heater controls and installed the heater box may have hooked up the hoses and the controls incorrectly. When the car is running and the controls are switched on to different settings the defrost and floor vents dont blow consistent with what the dash controls read. Is it possible for not only the hoses to be hooked up incorrectly but the dash controls to be hooked up incorrectly? Is there a schematic or diagram showing the functioning and direction of air flow through the box? It looks like I'm going to have to fix some ones mistakes. Oh well. Oh almost forgot. Any suggestions on connecting repro hoses to the heater box? They dont hook up like the factory ones. How should I clip them on? Any info appreciated.

Carl

This is a 67 barracuda below, I think they will be the same.
Hope these pictures help.
Darryl

Attachments

• 010 (2).JPG
    142.6 KB · Views: 313
  • 011 (3).JPG
    159.5 KB · Views: 310
Yup you guessed it. Have another problem with the 67 dart. I think that whomever did the work on the heater controls and installed the heater box may have hooked up the hoses and the controls incorrectly. When the car is running and the controls are switched on to different settings the defrost and floor vents dont blow consistent with what the dash controls read. Is it possible for not only the hoses to be hooked up incorrectly but the dash controls to be hooked up incorrectly? Is there a schematic or diagram showing the functioning and direction of air flow through the box? It looks like I'm going to have to fix some ones mistakes. Oh well. Oh almost forgot. Any suggestions on connecting repro hoses to the heater box? They dont hook up like the factory ones. How should I clip them on? Any info appreciated.

Carl

Carl....The original hoses necked down at the heater box connection...the repros don't. Repro's usually come with bushings to increase ther small diameter ducts. You could wrap duct tape around the heater box tubes to increase their size to match the repro hoses.

NOS Hoses....
$(KGrHqR,!p8E63Zwh8TJBO2QI4VO-w~~60_1.JPG

Repro hoses and bushings....
$(KGrHqZHJDIE-STuMwuoBPw4UYU-IQ~~60_1.JPG

Thank you everyone that has put up pics and replied. Does anyone know or remember how exactly the dash heater controls work? When you switch to heat or defrost I would think it would block off or open passage ways in the box to direct the air flow? Just not sure if internally mine is working correct.

To move the lever to defrost position redirects the air flow to those duct tubes but doesn't actually close the floor heat door.

Redfish

So there will still be air moving thought the floor ducts while the defrost is blowing? If that's the case then that gives me a better perspective on how the dash should direct air. Thanks Redfish.

Do you have factory AC? If so, your box is likely totally different, with vacuum pots that actuate the climate doors. My 69 Dart had that. Do you have a 5-push-button switch?

Bill

No the car is a 67 gts 4 speed car no ac. Just trying to figure out what I'm getting into before I have to tear into it and take it all apart. I want to make sure that the under dash air duct hoses are hooked up correct and I'm trying to understand how the heater controls regulate the air flow through the dash ducts.

Carl

-
Back