questions about a few wires

-

spudsterier

Reaction score
so i just put a 360 in my car and im using the old slant 6 engine harness.
the slant 6 wasnt in the car when i got it...
i have a few wires that are unaccounted for:

positive wire to the coil
oil sending unit wire
and coolant temp sensor wire

wires that are just hanging around:
brown/yellow (long wire)
dark blue (sitting up by the front of the motor)
light grey (long wire)
lavender (up by front of engine)

i think the dark blue is the coil, but im not exactly sure
anyone have any ideas about these wires?
thanks

I am assuming from your post we are talking about the 68 Valiant.

The positive coil wire is typically blue and should have a ring terminal on it. The oil sender wire is typically grey and the senders from that time frame had a nail head connector so the connector on the wire should be a female spade. The water temp sender has a screw lug but the connector is a 90 degree bullet that presses on not sure of the color.

it is for the 68 valiant.....

from what i was guessing, the dark blue would of been the coil since it has a ring terminal, but it is up front by where the /6 coil would of been..

light grey wire has a female spade on it

the lavender wire up front had a 90 degreen rubber connector on it, i was assuming that it is for the coolant temp sensor

i will do some more checking and see if i can figure it out.

gray is oil sending purple (p) is temp sending blue(b) is coil (should have a small flat spot inside of connector to correspond with the flat on the coil stud).brown w/ yellow tracer b/y? air car maybe? where does it come from? more info please, we wanna help.

blue(b) is coil (should have a small flat spot inside of connector to correspond with the flat on the coil stud).
i did see the flat spot on the ring terminal so now i atleast know that is where it goes to.....

i will check on the brown/yellow wire tomorrow morning to see where it comes from

dode i need to know what year this car is. cause they changed some stuff around. just Y/M/M

car:
1968 plymouth valiant....originally a slant 6 with a column shift manual trans

motor and trans:
360 from a 1974 dodge 1-ton ambulance van with a 727 auto trans

the brown/yellow wire comes out of the plug closest to the master cylinder and is about 3 feet long. also has a plastic clip on the end

What a web sight. I was going to ask the same questions. I pulled a /6 out of a 74 Duster and am putting a 318 in. My questions still left, after some of the answers I got from this thread is, what color are the alt. wires that spade into the back and there is a small wire for a small screw that probably goes to the alternator also. Great bit of help from you guys. Thanks.

-
Back