Questions about trickflow heads

-

Owen Diaz

Reaction score
Ordered these trick flow heads completely forgot that I had to check which cam would work with it I see now that it says it works with solid roller cams, could it also wor with hydraulic flat tapper?? Or do I have to return it already have the engine basically ready to be thrown in the car
This is on a 89 360 block btw had left over parts from my other engine which was a hydraulic flat tappet set up so that’s why I decided to go with that
TFS-6141T784-C00

Ordered these trick flow heads completely forgot that I had to check which cam would work with it I see now that it says it works with solid roller cams, could it also wor with hydraulic flat tapper?? Or do I have to return it already have the engine basically ready to be thrown in the car TFS-6141T784-C00
I would call TF and ask the question.

Solid roller springs are way, WAY too much for a flat tappet cam, hydraulic or solid. Hydraulic roller springs, you MIGHT get away with, with a solid flat tappet, but it might be a gamble.
But the rest of the head is the same.
Just put proper springs on It.

Last edited:
.... and you may have to have a shop do it. Most twinky-dink valve spring compressors wont touch solid roller springs.
I have a modified 12" american made (read old) c-clamp to do mine.

-
Back