Questions on DAna 60 narrowing specs?

-

USCG CHARGER

Reaction score
I'm to cheap to spend $2000 on a new dana to I'm gonna have on made to fit my 68 dart.. I was gonna buy the wheels and tires firts them make my measurements form there....

1) I want to run a nice size wheels and tire combo 29" tall x 11" wide x 15 dia... Would it be wise that I get the minumin back spacing avail? Like a 3.5 BS so I can take the tires on and off with little issues? Or do I have that backwards?

2) Whats the correct offset of the pinion for a dana 60? I heard it was 1 3/8 to the passenger side (the passenger side would be 1.375" shorter then the drivers side) There ar rumors of it beeing 2" to the passengerside too, also 1 3/16? Which is it? With me have the entire thing shortend from the stock size anyways b/c of my tire combo wold that offset still stand?

3) I can pic up a diff with any gears and trutrac I want with 35 spline for $600 new from moser, then add another $60 for housing ends, with $375 for axles and bearing, what size yoke?

So I will have approx $1200 into it when all said and done vs the $2000 moser or strange wants for a news one...

yeah I read this one today.. crankshaftkid makes them equal lenght

I'm to cheap to spend $2000 on a new dana to I'm gonna have on made to fit my 68 dart.. I was gonna buy the wheels and tires firts them make my measurements form there....

1) I want to run a nice size wheels and tire combo 29" tall x 11" wide x 15 dia... Would it be wise that I get the minumin back spacing avail? Like a 3.5 BS so I can take the tires on and off with little issues? Or do I have that backwards?

2) Whats the correct offset of the pinion for a dana 60? I heard it was 1 3/8 to the passenger side (the passenger side would be 1.375" shorter then the drivers side) There ar rumors of it beeing 2" to the passengerside too, also 1 3/16? Which is it? With me have the entire thing shortend from the stock size anyways b/c of my tire combo wold that offset still stand?

3) I can pic up a diff with any gears and trutrac I want with 35 spline for $600 new from moser, then add another $60 for housing ends, with $375 for axles and bearing, what size yoke?

So I will have approx $1200 into it when all said and done vs the $2000 moser or strange wants for a news one...

in regards to #3 on your post, where are you getting this stuff from if you dont mind me asking? (as in what moser dealer?)

A friend of mine is a dealer.. Those are the prices he gave me yesterday... are they way off or something?

What do you guys know about the ultra light Dana 60 housings? My friend has a fw that came outta a street sweeper. Are they just as strong?

-
Back