Questions re: A100

-

64DartGTinAZ

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Kind of have an itch to get one someday...

How similar is the front suspension to an early A? Same k-frame? same suspension?
What about shifter linkages - did they do the cable shifted A904 until '65 and switch in '66?

Kind of have an itch to get one someday...

How similar is the front suspension to an early A? Same k-frame? same suspension?
What about shifter linkages - did they ever have a 4 speed setup?

perfect timing because I just bumped the A-100 thread with a pic I found on bookface this morning

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=219273

I have had a long running love affair with A-100 vans however they are pretty hard to find these days.

as far as I know the suspension is a completely different animal from any car line. the motor mounts and trans mounts will make you scratch your head because they are unique and very odd looking

as far as I know, I have never seen or heard of a factory 4 speed. I have seen my share of 3 on the tree and auto.

A100's use a straight axle with leaf springs. Transmission choices were only the 3 on the tree and a 727 with a real short tailshaft. Even the slants got the 727 behind a cast iron adapter.

A100's use a straight axle with leaf springs. Transmission choices were only the 3 on the tree and a 727 with a real short tailshaft. Even the slants got the 727 behind a cast iron adapter.

Thanks - can you do the usual disc brake swap with '73 and up spindles? Or is that part completely different as well?

My favorite!

Attachments

• 12a.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 204
that is F'n BAD! move the motor back 18" and open the cab so it pokes out the back. RB with boat headers!

Thanks - can you do the usual disc brake swap with '73 and up spindles? Or is that part completely different as well?

I looked into a disc swap when I had a 69 A108 panel van. It can be done but it's all aftermarket - something like a Scarebird conversion.

perfect timing because I just bumped the A-100 thread with a pic I found on bookface this morning

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=219273

I have had a long running love affair with A-100 vans however they are pretty hard to find these days.

as far as I know the suspension is a completely different animal from any car line. the motor mounts and trans mounts will make you scratch your head because they are unique and very odd looking

as far as I know, I have never seen or heard of a factory 4 speed. I have seen my share of 3 on the tree and auto.

I had a 66 a-100 panel van /6 auto that I took the adapter off and tossed it(worst thing I have done) then got a nice 69 340 from a salvage yard with a wrecked swinger in it and put that into the van. . The trans mounts on the TOP of the trans. Straight axle in front (I flipped everything to get that van lower, welded up(together) the 2 rear doors and cut the center pillar out of the rear doors to make one big rear window, added a station wagon power window tailgate setup (had to graft the metal area from the tail gate itself to make sure it sealed up and didn't leak) in it to make the window go down grafted in 74 Pontiac grand prix(sideways) and added a Buick vista-cruiser station wagon raised roof on it. I even made the side doors so that they opened by poppers and linear slides . whew it was a bunch of work but I drove that van for years during the "van customization" period.
and yeah there was "carpet" paneling. hidden lights and shag all over the place. now that I think about it the inside of the van was so gaudy that I cringe just thinking about it. But I did love driving that van. I was in High school and a lot of girls liked it:D. I sold it to a hippie in Ann Arbor who drove it for another 5 or so years that I know of. his "Bug" van died and he just had to have another van. man no I wish I could get another a-100 van (minus the shag carpeting :glasses7:.)

Just for the fun of it ....

Attachments

• 07-27-12-2 011.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 179
  • 07-27-12-2 009.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 167
  • 002.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 168
  • 007.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 149
  • DSC_0256.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 150
  • 1965-A100.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 167
Of course the A 100 cab was used on larger trucks also ...

Attachments

• 1968_dodge_topless_charger_show_car_04.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 144
  • tv24.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 136
  • 182990.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 137
  • Photos%20108.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 129
  • Photos%20107.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 137
  • IMAG0345.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 114
  • tv21.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 143
I think that's the L600 right there.....

I had a 66 A100 truck and if I remember correctly, the trans used a specific tailhousing with the upper cast-in mount pad. They also DID have a power steering option with a slave cylinder mounted on the drag link (from the steering box to the axle bellcrank/spindle.

-
Back