Quick Fuel Brawler vs Proform

Which is better ???

• QF

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Proform

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
-
Same size carb? If so did you compare calibrations?
The Pro System 950 is really only 830cfm. Took a lot of tuning to even get it to idle nicely. I don't know what they do with their calibration. I had to drill 4/ .106 holes in the throttle plates just to get it to idle on the T slots. The Proform was really close out of the box 4/.080 holes idles nice. WOT both are good. I put the emulsion basically like the old school holleys are on both carbs. IFRs down low.

The Pro System 950 is really only 830cfm. Took a lot of tuning to even get it to idle nicely. I don't know what they do with their calibration. I had to drill 4/ .106 holes in the throttle plates just to get it to idle on the T slots. The Proform was really close out of the box 4/.080 holes idles nice. WOT both are good. I put the emulsion basically like the old school holleys are on both carbs. IFRs down low.
Is the ProForm 950 more than 830 cfm? I figured it had the usual 1.375" venturi and 1.75" throttle bore as most of the Holley "950's".

Thanks. More interested to know what the MAB and Jetting was. There seems to be a trend to too much emulsion and too big a MAB and Jet.

Drilling throttle plates mean less airflow through the T slot. I know Greg fills them in. Can you remember what the IAB and IFR were on the carbs?

Thanks. More interested to know what the MAB and Jetting was. There seems to be a trend to too much emulsion and too big a MAB and Jet.

-

llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly throttle plates mean less airflow through the T slot. I know Greg fills them in. Can you remember what the IAB and IFR were on the carbs?
The Proform IAB .070, IFR .035, MAB .032 PMJ 79, SMJ 86. The Pro Systems IAB .070, IFR, .037, MAB .032, PMJ 78, SMJ 86.

One thing I noticed about both is that the idle feed restrictors are in the top position. That's easy enough to fix though. On the engines I've had, they've always had more stable AFRs when the IFR is in the lower position. I have no idea why though.
I was wrong. The Brawlers do have the IFR's in the lower position. I had my Brawler 750 (67213) apart tonight and remembered this thread:

The IFR's are in the lower position, but no adjustable PVCR's. Just an FYI for @318willrun

1666666531004.png

The

save the $100 bucks and invest that towards a wide band 02 so you can get the most out of the carb. I’d say it’s a toss up between them at best anyway.

I built a proform 1050/4150 annular carb a few years back from an proform 850. Ended up being an excellent carb.

Last edited:
I have two Proform 750 DP's on my tunnel rammed 440 absolutely 0 complaints. And FYI the both came with QF main bodies.

This is what I ordered. QF Brawler 750 Double Pumper. I got a 100 dollars off the list price, bought through Amazon and Jegs was the seller.
qft-br-67320_xl.jpg

-
Back