Quick grand caravan question

-

diymirage

HP@idle > hondaHP@redline
Reaction score
Long story short, I got roped Into selling my brother in laws 2010 grand caravan

It has an issue though, turning left it feels like there is no power steering and there is a slight hissing sound under the hood

Turning right, there is no hiss and it turns smoothly, with the power steering clearly working

Any idea what the issue might be ?

Long story short, I got roped Into selling my brother in laws 2010 grand caravan

It has an issue though, turning left it feels like there is no power steering and there is a slight hissing sound under the hood

Turning right, there is no hiss and it turns smoothly, with the power steering clearly working

Any idea what the issue might be ?

Power Steering fluid gets gummed up on those. Use this product to cut the gum, flush system out, then replace with new fluid.

The ps reservoirs can be a plugged up problem too, clean them out or replace them.

Screenshot_20240916-215309_Gallery.jpg

Going lock to lock hits the bypass valve, can help in flushing it....

☆☆☆☆☆

Power Steering fluid gets gummed up on those. Use this product to cut the gum, flush system out, then replace with new fluid.

The ps reservoirs can be a plugged up problem too, clean them out or replace them.

View attachment 1716304362

Going lock to lock hits the bypass valve, can help in flushing it....

☆☆☆☆☆
is there more then one power steering reservoir ?

All good answers, but if flushing the system is not effective you could have a bad spool valve- generally you just replace the rack, but in some instances you can just do the spool valve (aka rotary valve) and save a few bucks.

All good answers, but if flushing the system is not effective you could have a bad spool valve- generally you just replace the rack, but in some instances you can just do the spool valve (aka rotary valve) and save a few bucks.
thanks, i am already deeper into this thing then i wanted to be, so right now, my plan is trying to figure out what the issue is, get a quote and knock that off of the sales price so whoever buys it know what they are getting into

-
Back