quick question

-

hamsterhats

Reaction score
I measured from center of lug to opposite center of lug, I came up with 5x4.25, does this sound correct. It is a 71 dart. The wheels that I want are not offered in this size, just making sure my numbers are correct!

so i want 5x4? The wheels are boss series 338. and they don't have 5 on 4. Sad day, i have wanted these for a while :(

Hey guy's,when measuring a bolt circle the way he described means he came up with a 4 1/4 " which is a 4 1/2" bolt circle so if that bolt circle he measured came out to be 4 1/4 than he has the 4 1/2 " bolt circle already when measuring the way he described it will come out a bit smaller and hard to explain but if you don't like the answer or don't trust it go to a trailer parts place and pick up a bolt circle gauge for about 5$ and the fact's will show :cheers: That year car would have had 4" bolt circle on it from the factory but it sure seems someone has upgraded it already

good explanation nielskiw

tech-boltcircle.gif

THose are the same rims I was looking at possibly upgrading to.

BTW, 18" are not donkish. An 235/40/18 is actually about the same overall diameter as a 215/60/15. Only the inner diameter changes

THose are the same rims I was looking at possibly upgrading to.

BTW, 18" are not donkish. An 235/40/18 is actually about the same overall diameter as a 215/60/15. Only the inner diameter changes

You are talking about mucho wheel verses mucho tire in that example
It's the wheel size to tire height ratio I'm talking about-'inner diameter'
as an 18'' rim with about only 2 1/2 '' of tire
Thats just my opinion, hence the 'JMO'

if you like to replace rims and tires every 6 months, and feel every pebble in the road, go with the 1" side wall.

You are talking about mucho wheel verses mucho tire in that example
It's the wheel size to tire height ratio I'm talking about-'inner diameter'
as an 18'' rim with about only 2 1/2 '' of tire
Thats just my opinion, hence the 'JMO'

Very true. It is alot more rim than tire. But for someone who wants way better cornering ability, this is more necessary. 60 series look great but lack in performance vs a low profile tire.

Not knocking your opinion at all...

Very true. It is alot more rim than tire. But for someone who wants way better cornering ability, this is more necessary. 60 series look great but lack in performance vs a low profile tire.

a 60 series is a low profile tire!

a 40 will hurt handling on this car.

Good looking wheel.

Unfortunately, to most of us here, anything over 15 inch looks "donk". I am going plus one to 15" wheels, but anything above that and you lose too much sidewall IMO.

40 will have less sidewal flex. Remember that the 40 is an aspect ratio, not a set height. It will grow as the width grows.

Pretty much just more road noise and braking will be affected with the taller rotating mass, according to certain testing by mopar amongst other tech articles over the years that say the same.

40 will have less sidewal flex. Remember that the 40 is an aspect ratio, not a set height. It will grow as the width grows.

I know what it is, and a 40 series is to short, it would be jumping, and bumping all over the road, its too short. There is a reason you don't see rubber band tires on true race cars.

right on.
and your right as well about short/low profile tires and their better handling characteristics.
I guess it depends on what you want more of?:cheers:

-
Back