Quick release rollbar sides.

-
Reaction score
I'm looking into putting an 8 point rollbar in my dart over the winter but I don't want to leave the diaganal down bars beside the seats in for street use. Also has anyone made the bar behind the seats removeable so that you can still fit people in the back seat when your not racing. Would these modifications still pass a tech inspection. I'd like to see some low 11's this year.

i believe swing out side bars are ok, but the crossbar behind the seats, don't think so.

Thanks for the info it really makes it tough to take your freinds for a ride I guess one at a time.

What I did was leave the diagonal as intended but installed a kwik release steering wheel coupler so I could get in and out of the car with out becoming a contortionist. I don't have a back seat so can't help there

chassis engineering has a bolt in that they say is NHRA approved for the back bar.

swing outs are fine but last time i looked at the nhra rules you couldnt have a removable back bar. i dont like that either as it turns a perfectly good street car into a pita for back seaters.

I just got done putting a 10pt in my Dakota. The door bars can be made to swing out. The stubbs according to NHRA need to be 8" from the floor and the main hoop. Basicly meaning the roll bar must extend 8" before the swing out is installed. I have seen shorter and mine are only 4" because of lack of room. I was told if I went to a national event I might have a problem but under normal circumstances there shouldn't be an issue. Chris Alstons chassis works has this install posted with a removeable back bar.
http://www.cachassisworks.com/Stories/HowCAC-005_WEB.pdf

You could also give them a shout. They have a great techline and knowedgeable people willing to help. Hope this helps!!!!8)

-
Back