quick torque converter question

-

connerray

Reaction score
I have read till my eyes have bleed. I under stand the /6 is internal balance, correct? Is it normal for the torque converter to have a weight on it?
Sport for such a simple question. But i just can't find much on these types of Q's.. thanks guys n galls

torque converters themselves also need to be balanced and may have a weight on them on the outer perimeter of the converter....

weights for the engine are usually on the face of the converter that goes against the engine.

I wish I was as meticulous as you. It would have avoided many issues when I was young. While checking, verify that your torque converter snout matches the register hole in your crankshaft. Those changes ~1968 I recall. If not, there is a spacer ring to make an older converter fit a newer crank.

I'm taking the internals of a /6 904 and swaping them into a v8 case. Then its going behind a 318 magnum and its internally balanced with no major mods. Just intake carb headers and 9.5-1 cr. It should live for some time. The internals of the /6 904 look fresh as a rebuilt unit.

I didn't think you could use a /6 904 along with a 318. The srater bolts in at a different place for one. Doesn't it?

I didn't think you could use a /6 904 along with a 318. The srater bolts in at a different place for one. Doesn't it?

he is using the internals....not the case...

-
Back