Quicktime Bell For SLANT??

-
I had read somewhere they were making a run of them.

I want to say just the 833, if I remember right these were made so the slant guys could have an SFI approved bell, but im not positive.

i see an adapter ring in the kits so there is a ring for a smaller IBR, maybe they built it for the OD IBR and the ring for a standard 833 IBR

There are two rings in the kit.

Bolts only to Mopar transmissions - 833 and 3-speed. I called them a while back. Bummer, because it would have been easy enough to add a T-5 bolt pattern.

that QT bell is SFI rated
and
the input shaft hole accepts the OD retainer size and the two adapters match to the two smaller input bearing retainer diameters,,
all good so far,,
only problem is,, that bell only accepts the standard size slant six flywheels, anyone find any performance slant six clutch sets lately?

QT would have had a winner if the bell had been sized to accept a 130 tooth mopar SB flywheel,, that would have opened the door for many reasonably priced clutch pack options..

I agree with ya my68 except 1 item. The slant crank bolt pattern is different than the small block so flywheels don't interchange.Wish they did.

actually all you need to do is plug one of the mounting holes on the v8 flywheel and re drill it to match the slant six crank..

that QT bell is SFI rated
and
the input shaft hole accepts the OD retainer size and the two adapters match to the two smaller input bearing retainer diameters,,
all good so far,,
only problem is,, that bell only accepts the standard size slant six flywheels, anyone find any performance slant six clutch sets lately?

QT would have had a winner if the bell had been sized to accept a 130 tooth mopar SB flywheel,, that would have opened the door for many reasonably priced clutch pack options..

i think it was mcloud or hays that makes a billet wheel, would be a good base! dont know if the diameter is big enough though.

I agree with ya my68 except 1 item. The slant crank bolt pattern is different than the small block so flywheels don't interchange.Wish they did.

what he says

actually all you need to do is plug one of the mounting holes on the v8 flywheel and re drill it to match the slant six crank..

even just making an insert and having it held down by the head of the bolt would probably be enough

"i think it was mcloud or hays that makes a billet wheel, would be a good base! dont know if the diameter is big enough though."

Mcloud has a billet slant six flywheel,, stock diameter and pricy.

I have a 1 piece steel flywheel that takes a 10" clutch for my slant 6.
They are made in such a way that they will fit a Slant 6, a Hemi 6, and a sb V8.
I got it from Hemi Performance......$$$$

Attachments

• IMGP1400.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 121
  • IMGP1397.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 133
  • IMGP1399.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 132
yep i see the elongated hole! and i thought some slants came with the 10" in HD apps, 11" in the trucks but that bell wont fit in our a bodies without some work.

-
Back