Quicktime SFI approved bellhousing behind 400 stroker ( A833 trans )

-

rrvolare

19Swinger69
Reaction score
Guys... can you give me pointers on issues you may have run into when installing a 130 tooth flywheel / 10.5 bell housing behind a 400 stroker , with an A833 in a 1969 Dart ...
Brewers suggested the 10.5 instead of the 11 inch bell housing for fitment issues ...
Did you have to perform any mods ?... going to use TTI headers ...
i also have the GERST suspension ..

Thanks

4 spd car or conversion?
Mines an 11" 143 tooth in an old three piece LW. It's tight but it fits.
Since I have occasional CRS, I use a paint marker spot on bolts that I torque these days.
Bushing (verify crank hole depth) or bearing for input shaft?
If your going stock mechanical clutch I think TTI wants you to use their bell crank with their headers(?).
Engine/trans alignment is fairly critical to the clutch release from the pedal down the line to the release bearing.
Fit trans to bell prior to install.
Indicate the bell housing to the crank C/L & face.
If your using a mini starter check clearance to block prior to bolting down.

Guys... can you give me pointers on issues you may have run into when installing a 130 tooth flywheel / 10.5 bell housing behind a 400 stroker , with an A833 in a 1969 Dart ...
Brewers suggested the 10.5 instead of the 11 inch bell housing for fitment issues ...
Did you have to perform any mods ?... going to use TTI headers ...
i also have the GERST suspension ..

Thanks

I would mock everything up before it goes in the car. This is another good reason to install the engine, trans and front suspension by lifting the car and installing everything from the bottom like the factory did.

I had to grind 2 notches in the flange of my Lakewood scattershield to clear the header tubes as they passed the bell housing. It would have been easier to do out of the car.

Also make sure your both square and center the bellhousing to the motor.

Shims.JPG

-
Back