Quietest Electric Fuel Pump

-

GoFish

Have impressive member
Reaction score
I know this is kind of like asking "Which is the prettiest pig?", but who makes the quietest electric fuel pump? I was planning on an in-tank pump, but none of the pumps that will fit are capable of feeding the 600+ hp I'm expecting from my motor. Since this car will be daily driven, I want the quietest pump possible. I'd love to see a magazine comparison test on this...

yes, your subject title is a contrdiction in terms. The new Holley 12- 150 is a lot quieter than the previous red or blue. Buddies 440 is pretty quiet with it - you can even hear the stereo. It has more like a humm than the RRRRRRRRR of the old ones.

Is that new Holley self contained, or does it take a separate regulator?

I HATE my red pump. (Actually, it's my second red pump......the first one puked with less than 300 miles on it).

Look for a gerotor style pump. The Mallory that I had wasn't silent, but it was a hell of lot quieter than any vane style Holley/Summit that I ever used. Make sure you have a clean tank though, rust will kill any electric pump over time but it's really rough on the gerotor style due to the tight clearances.

Thanks, ramcharger. I'm putting a new tank and all new fuel lines in, so rust won't be an issue. I've got a good bit of sound deadener installed, so hopefully, that will also help tone down the sound.

-
Back