R.I.P. Angel

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
This afternoon Amy & myself followed through with one of the most difficult decisions we've made yet as a couple. Our dog Angel's health had deteriorated to where she had trouble walking, was in-continent, and didn't recognize us anymore. When she started biting at me and Amy we decided to not let her continue on this downward spiral. Angel gave Amy the most unconditional love she's had in her life before I met her. Angel gave me almost 10 yrs. of nothing but pure adoration and devotion until her health failed. To say we're upset is an epic understatement.

TheGirls2-vi.jpg

We now have an empty home....

Sorry to hear about your loss, having to put down a pet is always hard, even if it's for the best. Toughest decision I've had to make.
When the time is right, hit one of the shelters and let a new friend pick you. Hard to say who's saving whose life!
My sincerest condolences,
Alan

RIP Angel. Im sorry for your loss. I had to do the same thing last year and it gets better but I cried for a couple of weeks. Prayers to you and your family.

Sorry for your loss. Let the healing begin and when the time feels right, adopt another. I see plenty of free pets advertised on Kijiji and Craigslist. They are man's and woman's best friends. You can't replace what you lost. But a whole new adventure can begin. Give it time.

Wylde1.

Sorry to hear of your loss. it is always very hard to lose a pet. They are as much as a part of your existence as a brother or spouse. Take comfort in knowing that she is not suffering anymore.

Sorry to hear about your friend John. Thats never an easy decision to make but you did the right thing.

That 's a tough decision to make but in the end the right one. It's hard they become such a member of the family. I'll be thinking of you and Amy as you deal with your loss.
Best wishes,
Stan

Dogs can suffer the same indignities that people can. It is a truly difficult and heart-rending decision to put down such a loyal companion but it is the right thing to do. It`s always easier to see it that way in hindsight. My heart goes out to you and Amy. Although many will say that dogs don`t have an eternal soul, I would differ as I can`t imagine a heaven without them. My condolences.

We went through the same thing with our 16 year old Dalmatian, Dexter two years ago. This is a photo of him shortly after he was diagnosed with cancer. We did all we could to make his last few months of life as comfortable as possible.

IM000882%20(Small).JPG

She sure looked like a real Angel Fastback........Sorry for your loss.

hang in there, and bless yourself with another one...their love is worth it.

Thanks everyone. Angel had a much-loved 16yrs. with Amy, and like I said, almost 10 with me. We know we did the right thing instead of letting things regress even more. The past 6-7 months has been a roller-coaster for us emotionally and watching our dog fade away was a heart breaker. When she tried to bite me, I knew she was gone mentally and our dog was lost. She was on arthritis medication, senility meds, and Glucosemene for her joints. Add in the prescription dog food she had because of kidney issues, she had it rough. Believe me, we tried.....

Amy & myself have discussed that once we move into the house and we settle in, we'll rescue another fur-ball. Like Amy did with Angel.

AngelMutt-vi.jpg

Thanks again from Amy & me.

I went thru this last November. My heart goes out to you. My guy Guinness had Lyptospirosis picked up in stagnent water or racoon piss. I still have days when I miss him greatly.

guinness.jpg

I'm so sorry to hear this John. You did what you had to do but it's never easy.

May Angel rest easy in the Land of the Slow Squirrels.

-
Back