R.I.P. Jeff Hanneman

-

rmchrgr

Skate And Destroy
Reaction score
Slayer guitarist Jeff Hanneman dead at 49.

I had Hell Awaits back in '84 or so? Kinda liked it but wasn't crazy about it. Then Reign In Blood came out in '86 and everything was different after that, it was like from another dimension altogether. One of the best rock albums ever, let alone metal. The guitar sound those guys laid down on that record was just gnarly and relentless. Still stands up today.

Too bad, he was a fairly young guy. Hard livin' for 30 years takes its toll I guess.

Our Brother Jeff Hanneman, May He Rest In Peace (1964 - 2013)

Slayer is devastated to inform that their bandmate and brother, Jeff Hanneman, passed away at about 11AM this morning near his Southern California home. Hanneman was in an area hospital when he suffered liver failure. He is survived by his wife Kathy, his sister Kathy and his brothers Michael and Larry, and will be sorely missed.

That spider bite thing may have taken a lot out of him. Sorry to see him pass.

He died of liver failure as a result of necrotizing fasciitis. He contracted that from what crackedback said, a spider bite. Wasn't hard living at all.

Necrotizing fasciitis actually sounds like it could be a Slayer song...

He died of liver failure as a result of necrotizing fasciitis. He contracted that from what crackedback said, a spider bite. Wasn't hard living at all.

Necrotizing fasciitis actually sounds like it could be a Slayer song...

I looked that up and that disease is not caused by spider bites. It is a flesh eating disease caused by bacteria from human feces used to fertilize plants or eating undercooked meat.

I looked that up and that disease is not caused by spider bites. It is a flesh eating disease caused by bacteria from human feces used to fertilize plants or eating undercooked meat.

Huh. Sounds like a pretty terrible thing to have though, however he may have got it.

Look up what Brown Recluse bite does to you. It has a necrotic effect on tissue. It may not be exactly what rmchgr mentioned, it was likely something related to necrosis.

Look up what Brown Recluse bite does to you. It has a necrotic effect on tissue. It may not be exactly what rmchgr mentioned, it was likely something related to necrosis.

You are right. I stand corrected.

-
Back