R3 Block Part # P4876381 A B

-

IRISH RT

Reaction score
I have ran out of LA 360 Blocks for my new build an I am looking at alternatives , The Block above seems to be Cheap and no longer in Production , with only a few online , Are They A Good Buy or Seconds rejects ???????

Never heard or read about a blood i that was crap or I’ll in any way shape or form.

It is a short deck and 48* cam

R3 Race Block
  • Casting # P4532907
  • 48° Tappet Bore, Must use Race Heads
  • Deck Height: 9.025"
  • Main Caps: 4-Bolt, Center 3 Caps - Billet Steel
  • Dry Sump Oiling System Only
  • Cam Bearings Not Included.
  • Rough Bored to 4.050"

Yes, the info in the above post is exactly what I copied from Jegs. It is a short deck, dry oiling, 48* block, 50mm cam journal.

The only issue I see would be intake manifold. Where to find a short 9.0 deck intake?

That block is no longer made mopar quit building that block yrs ago there was a used one for sale in the parts for sale section there are parts out there you just have to look for them the most expensive part will be the rocker arms I just paid 1700 for the rockers

Yes, the info in the above post is exactly what I copied from Jegs. It is a short deck, dry oiling, 48* block, 50mm cam journal.

The only issue I see would be intake manifold. Where to find a short 9.0 deck intake?
I have a w9 intake, valley plate, heads (machined with valves) and header flanges that would work great on this block.

There are some deals out there but you gotta be in the right spot at the right time and have money in your pocket. I let a deal go by and when it came back I couldn't pass on it again. I bought a 4.100 bore 48 degree short deck R block with Arrow Rods, cam, roller rocker, callias crank, 2 sets of pistons, Jessel rockers, and a W7 intake for 1200.00 last year. I meet a guy who told me he has some W7 Arrinton heads so this MAY be a winter project.

There are some deals out there but you gotta be in the right spot at the right time and have money in your pocket. I let a deal go by and when it came back I couldn't pass on it again. I bought a 4.100 bore 48 degree short deck R block with Arrow Rods, cam, roller rocker, callias crank, 2 sets of pistons, Jessel rockers, and a W7 intake for 1200.00 last year. I meet a guy who told me he has some W7 Arrinton heads so this MAY be a winter project.

Watch the Arrington heads they leak water make sure to have them pressure tested the ones with the smaller spark plug heads are better

Watch the Arrington heads they leak water make sure to have them pressure tested the ones with the smaller spark plug heads are better

Thankyou I will keep that in mind. I have LOTS of research to do on this build. I would love to be able to use these rockers so I'll have to see if that is my only option.

-
Back