Race car rolls

-

oldkimmer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
At our home track. Saskatchewan International Raceway. Rolled 3 times. Driver shaken up but is ok. The station wagon. It’s a turbo car. 138 mph. Thank god and IHRA for all the safety equipment. Kim

FB34FC24-DBD7-4B8F-96AE-698463DC13D0.jpeg

D0ABC963-6F1A-4F52-9F42-2ABD0B6CB712.jpeg

64E4C944-57E1-4022-817D-BA38F6ED3782.jpeg

0FAA1504-2A10-4754-B7A8-2236863EABEF.jpeg

When you have been on your roof over 130 mph it kinda makes you reflect on things. Fire my biggest worry as the way a Daytona is built and a 7.50 legal cage I wasn’t getting out. My hand was on my Halon system. That’s a picture from the day before my wreck
DCF79345-AD21-41A5-9078-1CE400E43994.jpeg

Some of these tracks have really lax rules for cars going down their tracks. We all pay the higher insurance rates because of this. Southern tracks are the worst

This car ran 8.20s earlier in the day at 165 mph. He has been fighting oil leaks the last couple of races and they didn’t jet him run. Last time back it had a slight leak that the staff saw but they still him run. Track hasn’t released any info yet. It started smoking bad b4 it rolled. Speculation is that the oil leak got under the rear tires then that was all she wrote. As for being a fast Ford it isn’t. It is LS powered. Kim

Yes I was. I seen it. They are pretty tight lipped as I think (and this is my thought) that IHRA may have an investigation into why he was allowed to run. Apparently the guy has been plagued with oil leaks.

Yes I was. I seen it. They are pretty tight lipped as I think (and this is my thought) that IHRA may have an investigation into why he was allowed to run. Apparently the guy has been plagued with oil leaks.

It’s all about the money. My son and I both have and are required to have engine diapers on our cars. But come test n tune nights the street cars running 7-8 second quarter mile passes get a free pass because they aren’t in competition. How stupid is that. Don’t get me wrong I love having one on but I would like to be able to test on an oil free track. I now avoid those nights as much as possible

This car ran 8.20s earlier in the day at 165 mph. He has been fighting oil leaks the last couple of races and they didn’t jet him run. Last time back it had a slight leak that the staff saw but they still him run. Track hasn’t released any info yet. It started smoking bad b4 it rolled. Speculation is that the oil leak got under the rear tires then that was all she wrote. As for being a fast Ford it isn’t. It is LS powered. Kim
That is exactly the reason I always ran a engine diaper on my car. When you throw a rod or engine blows a hole in the block or pan, the rear slicks get oiled down and this happens

I have to say the safety equipment did its job. When it was on fire I thought he may burn to death. It was a scary situation for sure. Kim

I have to say the safety equipment did its job. When it was on fire I thought he may burn to death. It was a scary situation for sure. Kim

Glad everyone is OK, the car can get rebuilt, or in this case new car, we all only have one body to get us through life.

-
Back