Race cars Love Idaho

-

dusterdragracer

Drag Racer
Reaction score
You got to love Idaho.We drive my wifes 11 second Dart into DMV. As long as the vin. on the dash matches the title, they charge you $5.00 for walking out to check it.
Then rego it, give you plates,for another $40.00, and say "have a nice day".I did put mufflers on it, and pulled the slicks off before we drove over there 3 miles.But they don't care.
I now remember why I moved here from California 20 years ago!

Attachments

• 221649_1345949465287_1727816449_649175_6998874_n.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 203
Nevada now has classic plates for older cars....no smog..no inspections...but needs to be insurance as long as you want the plates...

Believe it or not, the plates here have gone up some!!! But compared to what WA used to be, it's a gift. I have "year of manufacture" plates and pay full year fees + the fee for the special plates LOL --which I own!!! Still not bad I ain't complainin. DMV here is actually vastly improved now that "we" got computers.

Post falls DMV is like 2 miles from my house.. gotta love no emissions.

I hear tell there ARE a couple of counties in ID where emissions are required. I can't seem to get a straight answer, but it might be "bad news" if that's where you live, I don't think there are exemptions for older cars.

You can get collector plates here. No emmissions and really cheap! Under 40 bucks for 7 yrs or more...i got them for my 340 W2 12.5:1 dart after the emissions guy told me (dude... You almost broke my machine ! ) and that was after putting a tank of Sunuco 110 unleaded in it ! Lol

That's cool.I just bought a Valiant from out of state and got Antique plates for 5 Years. I had a bill of sale for 1500 and Texas charged me 178.00

That's cool.I just bought a Valiant from out of state and got Antique plates for 5 Years. I had a bill of sale for 1500 and Texas charged me 178.00

I wish you'd stop posting photos of that thing, LOL, cause I sure am jealous

-
Back