Racer Brown STH-42

-

QuickDart360

Reaction score
Anyone know or have experience with this cam? It's a 254° @ 50 duration and 520 lift and I believe 106° lobe separation. Never new about this cam until it was mentioned on another mopar site. Sounds quite a bit large and rowdy! Currently have a 292/508 mopar cam. Curious to know how it compares. Also if it's livable in a street bruiser type car.

Anyone know or have experience with this cam? It's a 254° @ 50 duration and 520 lift and I believe 106° lobe separation. Never new about this cam until it was mentioned on another mopar site. Sounds quite a bit large and rowdy! Currently have a 292/508 mopar cam. Curious to know how it compares. Also if it's livable in a street bruiser type car.

Call Jim at Racer Brown and talk to him. I think maybe @pittsburghracer has used that cam, but I could be wrong about that.

It's a 254° @ 50 duration and 520 lift and I believe 106° lobe separation.
/
Sounds quite a bit large and rowdy! Currently have a 292/508 mopar cam. Curious to know how it compares. Also if it's livable in a street bruiser type car.

It is approximately 6*’s more duration @ .050.
(Figure a few hundred more RPM’s that what you have now higher in its operating range. What it will be exactly is hard to predict and say.)
Is it livable on the street? That becomes a question of ones limit and comfort ability. You could possibly still use your current gear set (ratio) and stall converter, if it is loose. If it is tight, one of them will have to change. I’d go for the gear set first.

What’s your gear ratio now and is the next one up to much for you?
I know people that have cams in the 272/282 intake duration @.050 and are fine with it.

It is approximately 6*’s more duration @ .050.
(Figure a few hundred more RPM’s that what you have now higher in its operating range. What it will be exactly is hard to predict and say.)
Is it livable on the street? That becomes a question of ones limit and comfort ability. You could possibly still use your current gear set (ratio) and stall converter, if it is loose. If it is tight, one of them will have to change. I’d go for the gear set first.

What’s your gear ratio now and is the next one up to much for you?
I know people that have cams in the 272/282 intake duration @.050 and are fine with it.
Now my gear is 3.91. Converter is 3400-3600 stall FTI 9.5". I do have another dynamic converter 9.5" that should be 4000 stall.

-
Back