Racer migrating from another site.

-

ValiantS

Reaction score
Hello, I figured I'll try this site out since the other one seems slow. I have a 1968 Valiant with a home built low-deck. So far I have been 5.6's @ 121 in the 1/8th on the motor. I'll be poking around here when time permits.

LapLast.jpg

Welcome !!! You'll find plenty of action here.... maybe more than you want at times !!!! :D Nice car, and a quick car !!!

Great Job and Welcome aboard! Looks like you'll have a lot of good racer's tech to share with us. What's your race weight in that one?

Thanks guys! It's remarkably light at 2750! It has a 2x3 4-link HEAVY PG conversion with mid-plate. Half-filled 400 block. Mucho-tubes in the floor in the event I want to 25.2 in the future. Stock front frame rails and firewall, bolt-in tube A-arm front, 'glass bumpers, hood, dash and deck-lid. Double-beadlock, dana 60 w/thick plates for 4-link, single 50lb AGM battery...

Welcome to FABO, we have quite a few racers on here and several are pretty quick. But all have opinions! Hah! Heck every now and then they even let an E body racer chime in. On serious note my personal opinion is, this sight simply has more tech know how and guys willing to share than most any other. Yes you can find super narrow specific sights to address specific issues but by and large for a broader audience and super wide skill set, this site is tough to beat. Your car looks great and certainly qualifies as a quick one.

Thanks again guys! My wife hosted vids of a few track hits, if you key word search "valiant 131" you'll find her name Michelle and all (7? )the vids she has of the car at various places. I'm still having suspension tuning issues and only made 2 full 660ft hits. Last time out it went it's quickest to 330 on a bad surface (3.61) I'm pretty confident it'll go 5.5X @ 123+ in good air and conditions. It's a work in progress but, I'm pretty happy as-to how it's running.

Welcome aboard. It may take you awhile to get used to far less pinion angle posts and what valve cover gaskets should I use but I’m sure will survive. Lol

Yup. Bad ***. Good looking and running valiant. Welcome.

Just out of curiosity does a car get out of first in an 1/8 mile?

Welcome aboard. It may take you awhile to get used to far less pinion angle posts and what valve cover gaskets should I use but I’m sure will survive. Lol
Hey John! I was poking around and wondered if you had heard any updates on the good working MW Victors your buddy had on his Duster?

Just out of curiosity does a car get out of first in an 1/8 mile?
Yes. 2 speeds (like the power glide mentioned) are common along with gears in the 5.13 and lower range. Even with tall first gears in the 1.68 and sometimes higher ranges, the acceleration is still fairly extreme.

Man, that is Bad ***!

Thanks again! That was my first ever 660ft pass it went 1.289/3.72/5.75@120 leaving low, shifting low. If you look for the other ONE AND ONLY hit I made on the Tbrake...it's a whole new animal ...it REALLY wakes up to RPM. I havent had a chance to try it out since I've corrected the suspension and it's LEAVING straight now. It's also DRIVING straight.

Yes. 2 speeds (like the power glide mentioned) are common along with gears in the 5.13 and lower range. Even with tall first gears in the 1.68 and sometimes higher ranges, the acceleration is still fairly extreme.
To answer both... my PG first is 1.92, rear gear is 4.56 with M/T 10.5x33W and if i hold out until 7400, first gear ends around 300ft. It falls-back to 6700rpm

Wow! Are running on methanol and what converter are you running? What intake and fuel system?

Hey John! I was poking around and wondered if you had heard any updates on the good working MW Victors your buddy had on his Duster?

He is really struggling trying to get a set of radials working on his car. Pretty sure he went 9.50 two weeks ago at Keystone. His car is a beautiful car and is not stripped down.

Wow! Are running on methanol and what converter are you running? What intake and fuel system?
It's 11:1 so, I'm running Av 100LL as recommended from smarter than me. I may try a lightly oxygenated fuel but for now I'm still tuning. Pics and details are in the classified section LOL!

4Mo.gif

-
Back