Racing Tonight!!!!

-

6T9 GTS

Reaction score
Well I'm taking the dart out to KCIR tonight with a bunch of buddies from school. There is a chance of rain but I hope it decides to hold off. The low tonight is supposed to be 45, so hopefully it will be somewhere in the 50's at 9 tonight. I would be tickled pink if I can get a 12.80 something at over 110 with the 3.23's. I'll have some pictures and possibly some video to put up on thursday!

Last night was perfect night to be down at the track. I was able to get two passes in before it started to rain. The first pass was botched from the start. I wanted to see if the little 225/70/14 Fireston Firehawks could hold a full 3000 rpm launch off the converter, they couldn't. I ended up feathering it and axle hoped like crazy till getting traction around the 60' mark and then taking off. So on the second pass I only stalled it to 2500 rpm and went to about 3/4 throttle on the green and full throttle at about 30'. It didn't break lose but it shook the tires a bit. The time slips looked like this:
R/T- .443
60'- 2.437
330'- 5.972
1/8- 8.829
MPH- 86.30
1000'- 11.290
1/4- 13.380
MPH- 107.61

And the second pass

R/T- .486
60'- 2.086
330'- 5.562
1/8- 8.410
MPH- 86.66
1000'- 10.873
1/4- 12.963
MPH- 107.68

I was in line to run again when the rain came in. The DA was around 1400 for the first run and 1200 for the second. I ran an hour and ten minutes apart. The DA probably would have been under 1000 for the third run. The corrected time for the second pass was a 12.79 @ 109. I haven't changed out the 3.23's yet! I'm gonna trade out for a set of 3.55's out of my dad's charger and see what it will do. I think low 12's are a possibility.

That's pretty darn good for the first time out. It sounds like you need som CalTracs and some serious rubber under there. I have 225/60/14 BFG's under my Valiant, and even with a 2.76 gear in it they'd go up in smoke if I pushed a little hard on the 360's go-pedal. With the 3.91's going in this time, there will also be a set of CalTracs and sub-frame connectors installed, but I'll burn the 225 BFG's off before I go to a larger tire. :)

Thats very good for the first time out and with 3.23's to boot ! And a nice looking Dart also. Ron

Thank you Ron. Well I was wondering when it was going to happen and it did Saturday on my way to my grandma's birthday party. I was in the process of drowning out a chopper and tore the driver side motor mount in half :eek: ! At first I thought I had broken a spring. The only thing that kept the engine from climbing out of there was the tti headers. Looks like I'll be going solid this week.

6T9 GTS said:
Thank you Ron. Well I was wondering when it was going to happen and it did Saturday on my way to my grandma's birthday party. I was in the process of drowning out a chopper and tore the driver side motor mount in half :eek: ! At first I thought I had broken a spring. The only thing that kept the engine from climbing out of there was the tti headers. Looks like I'll be going solid this week.

it realy s*cks when you break stuff but breaking a motor mount is a cool thing to break since it tells you that you have som real power there! yeah those TTI headers are good att holding the engine back also, have tried that to ;)

your Dart looks great!

Id put some sticky tires on it and a set of 391s in the rear. Good runs.

Was looking for a video soon. I used to go up to KCIR on Wednesdays and Saturday a few years ago. Was Stationed @ Whiteman AFB, and about 3-5 of us would get in a convoy on the way up there, and back. Used to go up to Hardees in Raytown afterwards. Been awhile tho... Here's a picture coming out of water box.

Wish I was back, had some great times up there. Any chance of sending/posting some current pictures of KCIR as it is now?

MyDuster340 (Small).jpg

6T9GTS That sure is a fine looking car and a fast one too.
get that motor mount changed out and safety cable will stop
it from jumping out or bending your headers. :headbang:
sounds like a great day of racing :blob:

-
Back