Radar

-

amzchad

Reaction score
Alright

I get another speeding ticket i loose my car. I have slowed my driving down by far but i still have my moments. So considering that i have pushed my luck i want a radar detector. Not one that hangs in the windsheild and is noticable. One that is hiden for the most part. Willing to spend some money so what do you recomend. What ones work the best. Any tips advice or so on is well appreciated also.

Thanks
Chad

Amz... IMHO, having worked traffic and speeders as a law enforcement officer, if the officer that is working the radar has a radar unit that was made in the last 20 years, it is easy to "beat" the radar detector. There are lots of ways to work speed enforcement, and everyone does it differently, but I always thought I would rather buy some car parts for the $100 - $200 you would spend on a radar detecting device. With the advancement of lasers, airplane enforcement, etc... it has gotten pretty advanced. Hope this helps.

they are making detectors that are hidden and also have shifters. i am up more in the mountain area and we dont have the best stuff here. some do use the laser guns. they make ones that detect it and will show as error on there screen gives you time to hit the skids

just wondering what ones are the best and if anyone has used them

damn it

i found a thousand dollar one for only 300 and sure enough i am alittle short and dont get paid till next tuesday

laser is line of sight anyway. a laser detector gives a "you're screwed" warning only.

Better idea is to just stay under the speed limit until the points come off your license.

well this one jams the laser and puts up error its also radar

it is suposed to reach hella far

god it ends on ebay today

have two hundred now and will have three more on monday

its at 300 now

this pisses me off

awhile ago i saw one that mounted inside the dash. you have the sensors mounted under the front and rear bumper. drill two holes in your gauge cluster to mount small led's to tell you where the radar signal is coming from. totally unnoticeable if you ever get pulled over, but i guess its supposed to prevent that anyway so.....

OK guys,
I beginning to get used to killing threads so here goes another one.
The best RADAR detector is by far Valentine-one. It has multiple recievers and triangulates the direction and number of radar units you are being hit with. It also has a remote display to tell you from where the hit or hits are comming from. Price with remote display about $450. 513-984-8900 Valentine Research.

LASER Detector/Jammer Blinder Extreme LASER Jammer will alert you when it detects a hit and will jam the return siginal to cause an error at the gun to give you plenty of time to slow down. Figure on paying from$350-$450 for a system and if you get a ticket they will pay it.

I suggest that you visit www.radar-detectors.com it is run by an ex highway patrol man. The have testing and validation of results there.

There is also a very interesting product called 'LASER Veil' it is a laser absorbtive coating for the headlights and license plate.

As far as radar Jammers go, they do exist and are attainable at some huge cost but the mere posession of one is a federal offence. Trust me on this.
I will also say that are a number of good reasons but not the ones you might come up with. The obvious ones are, the use of a jammer near an airport this would not be good, but the main reason is that all the up-link sat dishes the are at banks,gas stations and conveinence stores opperate on the same freq band as the police radar guns. It is possible for you to be charged with the interference of interstate commerce,as well as possession.

One of the things that one must concider is exactly how much do you really want to go that fast? And whats it worth to you?8)
Andrew

PS I will be installing all of these in the Missile:cheers:

-
Back