Radiator and fan shroud info

-

A68DART360

Reaction score
I have a 1968 Dart GT v8 318 engine. Does anybody have measurements on a stock radiator dimensions. Width and height oc core and overall with brackets. Is there reproduction fan shroud that are available for Darts. Thanks. Eddie

Okay I found a repo fan shroud site to get a shroud for the car but is there a place to get a radiator that has the correct brackets for the shroud. you know an OEM replacement.

Beware those roproduction shrouds. They have been around about 4 years now.
They have suffered heat failure and hit the fan. I dont know if they got any better.

Hi Eddie,I have a radiator core without the tanks in front of me that came out of an early model 340 Dart and its 22" across and 18" high, its a 3 core, but I'm not a Dart owner.
I agree with Redfish try and track down the original shroud, they are few and far between and probably will cost a little more then a reproduction.
The reproduction shrouds have a bad reputation in the Mopar community.

yeah I heard that. would hate to have the fan hit the shroud and bend over and get into the radiator. is that core new or an old one

I have a reproduction shroud that I got from Mancini racing. It's been on there for about three yrs with no warping or problems. Of course I knock on wood everytime I leave the house .... just kidding. I'll be on the look out for a original shroud for you.

I just returned mine from Mancini. Ran the shroud for two days. It shrunk on the top and the bottom to the point where I snapped my fan. Plus,I had to pay the $20.00 to ship the dam thing back for return. Buy OEM shroud only.

Thanks for the info as I will still look for an original shroud also. I did find a factory replacement radiator which will accept a stock shroud so I will see which way I am going to go.

i pulled a rad and shroud out of a late 80's fifth avenue with a 318. It was bigger than the a-body rad and all it needed to fit was a bit of trimming of the mounting ear on the driver side...works great, and the fan doesnt hit the shroud either (using stock clutch fan on 340)....car never goes over 180, even in traffic in the heat

i pulled a rad and shroud out of a late 80's fifth avenue with a 318. It was bigger than the a-body rad and all it needed to fit was a bit of trimming of the mounting ear on the driver side...works great, and the fan doesnt hit the shroud either (using stock clutch fan on 340)....car never goes over 180, even in traffic in the heat
which rad do you have in your buggy? a 22" or a 26"?

which rad do you have in your buggy? a 22" or a 26"?

not sure, would have to measure it...if anything though, its 26" (atleast)...Looks bigger than other a-body rads that ive seen, but i could be wrong

-
Back