radiator different for same year cars?

-

Dodgenut64

Reaction score
while looking at some pics of some 65-66 polaras i noticed the radiator hoses attached on differently on several different cars, all of them with big blocks. does anyone know why this would be? some mount to the passengerside of the radiator and some center.

Dodgenut64 said:
while looking at some pics of some 65-66 polaras i noticed the radiator hoses attached on differently on several different cars, all of them with big blocks. does anyone know why this would be? some mount to the passengerside of the radiator and some center.

that is odd in my opinion, did you notice the difference in both 65 and 66 cars? or just one or the other? possibly a/c cars got a different radiator and a different water pump housing to clear something? :scratch:

Or maybe the owners of certain cars were only able to get there hands on the radiator that they happened to put in, or it was one the had available and used it. They are cars that are 40 years old, I am sure they have had the radiators replaced at some point.

heres one pic.

small.jpg

heres another. maybe they changed them from 65-66?

Attachments

• small2.bmp
    20.6 KB · Views: 142
My 69 Polara (383/AC) had the upper hose on the passenger side, like your second pic. It is likely that the radiators changed between the two years. It is also likely that, like Kraby said, radiators have been swapped.

-
Back