radiator hose part #?

-

72moparswinger

Reaction score
Hey guys my local parts stores are a bunch of fools and can't seem to look up a hose for the upper and lower
Running a 22in 3 core champion radiator
can someone possibly get me part numbers to the hoses on a that set up?

Well, if you gave them as much info as you've given us, I can see why they couldn't look it up. I'm gonna look in my crystal ball and guess it's a 72 Dart with a V8?

Upper is Gates #20602 lower is Gates #20958

sorry was in a rush to get some parts on a list and head out. i told em it had a 318 but now a 360 i have now and be the same hose but all thad were those flexy hoses that i dont like and look "cheap" ill head out in a bit now for hoses and trying to find a pcv grommet to work with my moroso covers
sorry for the little bit i left out on the motor size

I've got a Champion 26" 3 core, not sure if that would make a huge difference or not. I used Goodyear #60878 (upper) and #60880 (lower). Summit has them listed for '70-76 V8 Darts, both A/C and non A/C, which would include cars with 22" and 26" radiators.

This is what mine looks like...

IMG_1563_zpsdd343921.jpg

I've got a Champion 26" 3 core, not sure if that would make a huge difference or not. I used Goodyear #60878 (upper) and #60880 (lower). Summit has them listed for '70-76 V8 Darts, both A/C and non A/C, which would include cars with 22" and 26" radiators.

Those numbers cross over to what I listed earlier. They are $15 for the pair at RockAuto.com

After some of my experiences with Gates fuel line becoming rock hard and un-pliable after only a couple months I stopped buying Gates stuff in general if I can avoid it. The fuel line is good for like a single install, good luck if you want to unhook it and try to reinstall it later.

I'm ok with paying more for the Goodyear parts, they last longer and are easier to work with. Maybe the gates stuff I got had been on the roll at the auto parts store too long, but I've never had that problem with Goodyear products.

Maybe the gates stuff I got had been on the roll at the auto parts store too long, but I've never had that problem with Goodyear products.

I'm pretty sure that all of these parts that we're buying have been on the shelf for a long time. I had a brand new by pass hose split the day that I put it on.

It must be a regional thing, I've never even heard of Goodyear hoses?!? Gates has been the standard of the industry for 40 years as far as I'm concerned.

-
Back