radiator hoses for 440?

-

74slnt6

Reaction score
what hoses to use with 440 duster? its a stock size radiator 26" with schumacher mounts on slant k member. I figure the length tween the engine and inlet/outlet has to be pretty small so i assume most stock replacements are out of the question? would there be room for a mopar clutch fan too?

on ebay they have some real nice stainless flex hoses! custom fit by you.

those are nice hoses. I had a set on my old truck.

I'm using a universal hose on top of the radiator and I just asked for a 69 383 barracuda hose at Autozone for the bottom. I figured it had to be close.

In the back of the "Gates" Hose book at most parts stores is a picture section with all hoses and their dimensions with sizes. I took rough measurements and angles of what I believed I needed and then went back to the store. We went through the book and came up with a set of hoses that fit perfectly. I think that the top came from a chevy celebrity. Lower one I had to trim and inch off either end. Any good parts guy at the Napa or other stores should be able to fix you up. Just have to find a person who will take the time.
1971 Demon 446 six-pack.

Kenny B

new side.jpg

I'd say in most cases you can use hoses intended for a big-block B or C body with AC. Trim the radiator end of the hose to fit.

What side is the hose for the water pump come out on?

What side does the upper hose go to? I think I used a 73 318 with a/c upper hose. And I forget what I did with the lower. Get that universal hose off of there though. They look like crap

Try these they might work for you. Upper, Gates # 20630 and the lower is Napa #7449.

Ted

-
Back