Radiator identity?

-

plumkrazee70

Reaction score
I was looking at my radiator today and realized that it may not be a chrysler unit. It is 22" W x 18" H

I was looking for a shroud for it but the mounting points for the shroud don't line up with my radiator, unless I am missing something. I do know new holes were drilled to mount this radiator by the PO.

Can someone confirm or deny? If it is, what shroud do I need?

Car is a 70 dart 340, originally a slant six car.

Sorry for the crappy pictures.

<

You aren't really showing us the diagnostic view. What is the part number? It should be right on top of the tank.

You aren't really showing us the diagnostic view. What is the part number? It should be right on top of the tank.

That's the problem. There isn't one. I was trying to focus on where the shroud would mount. All the shrouds I have see mount to the front of the radiator.

On mine the mounting holes for the shroud are on the side. (see pics)

Thanks for the help.

Updated first post with top tank

Most early Mopar radiators were 22"W x 18"H. From what you show it looks Mopar and not for a slant since the lower tube isn't angled upward. Also, I recall that slants had a 1.5" lower hose, while small blocks had a 1.75"D (at least w/ later aluminum water pump), so see if there is a rubber adapter there.

I think there were many different radiators, varying with year, engine, and moving the upper tube around as the AC compressor location varied. Ditto for shrouds. Just check ebay and you will find many shroud PN's and getting the correct one for your car can be expensive.

Most early Mopar radiators were 22"W x 18"H. From what you show it looks Mopar and not for a slant since the lower tube isn't angled upward. Also, I recall that slants had a 1.5" lower hose, while small blocks had a 1.75"D (at least w/ later aluminum water pump), so see if there is a rubber adapter there.

I think there were many different radiators, varying with year, engine, and moving the upper tube around as the AC compressor location varied. Ditto for shrouds. Just check ebay and you will find many shroud PN's and getting the correct one for your car can be expensive.

Thank you for the info!!

This one must be for a small block (at least that is what I tell the parts counter for the hoses) they seem to work fine.

The shroud doesn't have to be correct numbers matching just functional. Maybe I will need to get one for a 22x18 radiator and fab up an L bracket.

-
Back