-
Status
Not open for further replies.

68 Sedan

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Like it says. The radiator in "IT" is some lil sissyboy radiator and doesn't do the job. So what I'm looking for is a 70-72 A body V8 radiator. (later IF it's the same cosmetically)

I don't care about the numbers on it. What I DO care about it that it has to be a correct size square top V8 radiator with the correct sidewalls (straps)

Please let me know what you have

if you are intrested i have a 1971 swinger 318 radiator. it has been fully recored with heavy duty rv core. tubes are large 1" in size spaced 1/4 " apart. it has new brass fittings for the tranny lines as well. it cools very well. the shroud that comes with it works fine, but is from a 73 or 74 a body if i remember correctly. if you have a clutch fan it will work fine as this is what i was useing with it. it was used about 1 year. i have about $365.00 in the radiator alone with the heavy recoreing. i will take $250.00 plus shipping for the set.

DSC01960.JPG

DSC01961.JPG

DSC01962.JPG

DSC01963.JPG

DSC01964.JPG

DSC01965.JPG

Thanks, I'll keep it in mind. But I'd prefer to have a 22" if I can find it. I also looked in the "whites" and that number isn't listed. But that looks like it is a 19" which is only listed for a /6

Thanks, I'll keep it in mind. But I'd prefer to have a 22" if I can find it. I also looked in the "whites" and that number isn't listed. But that looks like it is a 19" which is only listed for a /6
def a 19incher there

i have a 22 incher but its only a 2 row came froma 71 dart with a/c tho

Actully I bought my last few radiators for my small block A bodies from Autozone.My last one I bought 6 years ago and it was a 3 core $150.00.
Autozone was the only one local I could buy it from.And they were alot cheaper than Year one.
Jim

you are right it is a 19" inch sorry. i wasn't able to find it in the "white " book as well when i first got the car. i had it registered and then i had the # for it show up as the original radiator #. i guess this one needs to be added in the book. here is a pic of the info. i circled it in red. hope it shows up...

sheet.jpg

I talked to Year One. They are still selling US Radiators. The sidewalls are just flat, and you have to manufacture some brackets so a factory shroud will fit. And while I'm not concerned if I get a radiator that is number's correct, I do want it to look correct.

you are right it is a 19" inch sorry. i wasn't able to find it in the "white " book as well when i first got the car. i had it registered and then i had the # for it show up as the original radiator #. i guess this one needs to be added in the book. here is a pic of the info. i circled it in red. hope it shows up...

and thats one reason i dont really care for GGs book most of the non perf stuff (ie slant 6, truck ,wagon , etc) stuff isnt in the books

I beg to differ. It lists several radiators for /6's. It doesn't, however, list this number

I just looked again. For 71 it lists 3 19" radiators. One is for an E body with /6, the other 2 are for /6 A bodies. It also lists a 22" for a /6 A body.

How about this #3443976......I don't see it listed in the thread Adam posted, but it shows up in the 71 Mopar parts manual for a 318 w/ac and 340 non a/c?

Is this # in GG's "little white"

Yep. It's in there listed as for 318/340, both trans and with w/N45 and N51 which is "hi capacity fan" and "maximum cooling package"

The slant six and the 318 shared the same 19" radiator.
They also used the same 22" radiator, this radiator came in cars with air. Considered "Maxium cooling".

The 340 came with a different 22" radiator P2998978

Not that it's the be-all end-all, but the white book lists 5 different radiators for a 71 A body.

3443975 22" 340
3443976 22" 318-340
3443977 22" 318-340
3443986 19" 225
3443988 22" 225

That being said, for both 70 and 72 it lists a 19" for 318

Thanks Alan, but I've already found one. You won't have any trouble selling yours though.

If you don't care about numbers a new 22" heavy duty 318 AC / 340 radiator is about $170 from Advance Auto. Got one in my car and it does the job keeping a 370ish HP 360 cool idling in traffic on a mid 90's day.

Thanks Dave, but I've already found one. I investigated some aftermarket radiators and decided they didn't look enough like an original for my taste. Also, the sidewalls didn't seem to be made so they would accept a factory shroud without modifications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back