enough to get er going. Problem is that I have read a lot about using this

radiator and that radiator. Its hot here and the /6 wont work. The small

block might for a while. I even checked at Auto Zone today for a small block

one...nope they dont carry one for any V8 in the 67 to 69 dart. I ask at two

of them in different towns to make sure. I looked at the PC with them and

nope. We dont want to go with the expancive ones. Anothere question...god

forbid...is there a way that a raidiator from a GM or Ford would be the right

size and with enough thickness to make this swap work correctly and be on

the right sides with the neck openings? I know this is a lot to ask, but it is a

good question I think...LOL

Jeff

If you can find a decent used V8 radiator for the Dart, just have it re-cored to a 3 row. Still not very cheap to do though.......

Not all that familiar with big blocks so someone else may have a better idea. :cheers:

Give these guys a call Jeff http://www.usradiator.com/default.htm Give them all your particulars like where the inlet and outlet are and size of pipe, you'll probably be looking at a 35455. Because you're in Texas I'd recommend getting one with a shroud. Go with a 180 degF themostat and you mentioned you're going with fenderwell headers, have you looked at Schmacher Tri Y's.

Terry

1965 and 1966 C Bodies with a 383 and A/C use a 22 inch 3 core radiator with a round top tank that look more original than most others. Find one with a metal shroud and have it recored. Both outlets are in the correct place to use big block B Body hoses. These aren't real easy to find but they are out there.

If you can find a decent used V8 radiator for the Dart, just have it re-cored to a 3 row. Still not very cheap to do though.......

Not all that familiar with big blocks so someone else may have a better idea. :cheers:

There was one for sale on the site here just a couple weeks ago..............don`t know if it sold or not?

I was at my local parts store looking at rads last summer for my 71 demon 6 to 440 conversion. After taking measurements we came across a 3 core rad from a 1976 dodge 1 ton with a 440 engine. It fit with only slight modifications to to side mounting brackets. I used a new pump housing from 440source with the inlet on the passenger side to match the new rad. Once in place I went back to the parts store and he had a book for hoses that showed measurments, angles and pictures and we were able to get hoses that fit perfectly. Now I have a top and bottom tank rad that unless you look very close it looks like it was factory installed. I was at a local wrecking yard later and picked up a recovery bottle from a 78 dodge 1/2 ton which also fit down the side of the rad on the drivers side. It took time and patience but it all turned out the way I wanted it to.

kenny b

bigblockdart.com should have all your info you need for your conversion and maybe one for sale

We went to my friends junk yard yesterday and took about 3 hours to find

everything that we needed. Of course with all of your guidance. We found

no less than 7 B-body radiators that would fit. We found 3 A A-body with

V8's and autos that will work great. The one that we took is cleanand will be

recored very easy. This is a friend of mine that went to high school with me.

He has two yards that goes back to the 40's. Has many many mopar things,

all the performance stuff is gone though. He has maybe 40 383's still, all 2V

though. I am in the process of checking the heads for the closed chambers.

Found a 67 Imperial yesterday with a 440 I am sure that those will be some

good heads. But the bottem end is trash on it. He has I think 12 dusters and

darts but most parts that are needed by guys here are already gone.

THANKS ALL
Jeff

-
Back