Radiator size

-

dazedduster

Reaction score
Just put a 440 in my 73 duster, now i need a radiator what size, and How about in aluminum. are ther any drawbacks to aluminum.

My Duster has a 318 and all I did was recore the original tanks, by doing it this way I was able to go from a three core to a four and the new core has tighter grouping on the tubes and cooling fines. It still has the stock radiator look and all I had to do was trim the bottom of the radiator opening to get it to fit. I will have an issue with the hoses when I install the 400 "B" in the car but that should not be expensive or difficult to do. The radiator shop thought that the recored radiator would cool up to around 500 horsepower. More if I use a high volume electric water pump and electric fans.
Hope this helps. :glasses9:

check with your local radiator shop sometimes they'll have an old one laying around that will work or you can try to get yours recored,Also look on 440 source website i think they have an aluminum waterpump housing that exits on the same side as the smallblock radiators so you don't have to use hoses that go all the way across the front of the engine.

Get a 26" radiator from a b body, get it recored and you're ready to go. You'll have to drill mounting holes, the original ones won't work. You'll have to open up the core support for the bigger rad, but just get a cutoff wheel and it takes a couple of minutes.

is a stock 318 radiatior good for a 400hp 360 or should i get it recored rather than a new alum one?

-
Back