Radiator upgrade

-

Cruisingram

Reaction score
I have the stock slant six radiator in my 68 four door dart right now, thinking of an upgrade. I live in Hawaii, and radiant temps in the tropical sun can be brutal. I am also going to put in AC as well. We actually have bad traffic sometimes. So I am a little worried about cooling. So I am swapping in the 225 for the 170, which has a mild Oregon cam, 2bl manifold, Weber 38 square bore, milled .080 head for a tad more compression. So litely breathed on. I was thinking of slipping in a SB radiator while I am at it, and a bigger trans cooler at the same time. Doesn't the stock SB radiator bolt into the place of the Slant six radiator?

Yes but outlets may be different.

If there is a rad shop near you they can fix all that.

But there should be a OEM style AC coming for 225 engine, might require a shroud and a pulley / wp change to really work out

Yes but outlets may be different.

If there is a rad shop near you they can fix all that.

But there should be a OEM style AC coming for 225 engine, might require a shroud and a pulley / wp change to really work out

I am going to get the aftermarket AC

am going to get the aftermarket AC
What I meant ( auto dang correct and fat fingers) was there would have been a factory spec for a rad to be used with an AC system in the car. Typically it is refered to HD cooling or the like. More fins per inch or a 3rd row of tubes

What I meant ( auto dang correct and fat fingers) was there would have been a factory spec for a rad to be used with an AC system in the car. Typically it is refered to HD cooling or the like. More fins per inch or a 3rd row of tubes
Oh, right, thanks! This is a bit of new territory for me- not scrapping the /6, putting in V8, adding instead of removing AC etc LOL

-
Back