-

Torrance00

Reaction score
Hello Again
Well I asked the question, I was given an answer. "Thank You"
So I'll pass on this for others
On the 74 Dart, other models might be the same you need to find that out

To remove the radio, start by removing the clove box
Next remove the radio knobs and using a 5\8 socket remove the retaining nuts.
Next there is a brace that is held by a philps head sheet metal screw on the back
and a nut on the side, neither have to come all the way off.
Now there is a loom support on the passenger side, need to take the wires out
then bend the support all the back and down...
On the driver side are 2 wire sets . one is a plug in. the others goes to the dash mounted
speaker.. just reach up and pull them out..
Now you can move the radio little manuvering, out through the clove box opening.
My car has factory air.. but it came out OK
My radio is an AM. Chrysler..went dead about 3 years ago...
Don't know what I'm going to replace it with, would like to keep the same look but
have FM
Best

Replace it with a 71-76 A Body factory AM/FM or send your dead AM out to a company such as Tayman Ekectronics to get converted to a 4 speaker solid state conversion. Don’t want to add more speakers? The conversion will handle a single original speaker as well. I had my 47 Dodge AM radio converted to AM/FM stereo with an aux input for an amp or satellite radio and still looks stock

BE6A052E-C892-4C7C-A8BB-0567297C1A92.jpeg

Look into retrosound radios. They have bluetooth, mp3 etc. And have a faceplate that looks like a chrysler AM solid state setup. When you turn it on the digital display glows thru the display. When turned off the digital cant be seen. Kinda pricey but retains the station preset buttons and period correct knobs for your application. I think it comes with pre amp outputs as well. I think the retrosound redondo is the one for your application.

-
Back