Radio speaker nuts

-

buck351

Reaction score
I went to replace the old speaker in the dash and found I had lost the nuts that hold the speaker in the dash. Anyone know what size/thread these are? '67 Dart.

Thread cutting nut 10-24. I got a bag of them at napa for about $6.

Some of us confess to be radio speaker nuts :)
And yes the keyhole stud that supports he dash speaker frame are 10-24 . I had to confirm for myself since so much of the small hardware in the dash is 10-32. Happy moparing

Bought two 10-24 nuts but the thread was finer. Found two in the junk can that fit. Looks like 10-32. Got the replacement speaker in. I think I could almost replace the rear springs in the same time it took to replace the radio speaker. :icon_smi:

Boy 1967 radio sounds a lot different then the modern ones. The Dart came with a non mopar radio. I found out years ago when I tried to get if repaired and I was informed it was an aftermarket from the period. The guy had a AM/FM from the year of the Dart so I took him up on it.

Oh well. Their must have been both sizes used in different year models. I have 2 of those studs on the workbench that have 10-24 threads. Happy moparing

-
Back