Radios

-

nodemon

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Some radios I've seen for sale have chrome buttons and some have black. They're listed for the same years. Anyone know the difference..? Deluxe interior get the chrome buttons and standard get the black, perhaps..? Is it a year thing and some ads are wrong for listing the wrong year..?
Would love to know..?

67 dart has chrome buttons
68 69 have thumb wheel
70 up have black buttons

(someone correct me if I'm wrong on that)

Check the factory parts catalog for the radio number

Pretty sure Dana is right. 67s were all chrome all the time. Then the Feds stepped in with regulations that discouraged bling that might blind the driver. It was never a trim level thing.

Pretty sure Dana is right. 67s were all chrome all the time. Then the Feds stepped in with regulations that discouraged bling that might blind the driver. It was never a trim level thing.
I just purchased a radio pulled from a 71 Duster.. and it has the chrome buttons. And according to the post halifaxhops shared, that's the correct one. I have a 72 Demon and now I'm thinking I may have bought the wrong one not realizing the 72's might have the black buttons. Not a huge deal because mines not ever going to be pointed, but I did buy it trying for correct factory look.

Look for sales literature from 71 and 72 many times the photos are good enough to see that type of detail

-
Back