Raised White Letter Tires and Early A's

-

armyofchuckness

The Flying Valiant
Reaction score
I was at the friendly neighborhood tire store the other day, and they told me there are no tires with raised white letters small enough to fit the front wheel wells on my '64 Valiant. This strikes me as highly unlikely. I'm pretty sure I've seen early A's with raised white letter tires around here. Anyone care to share their tire size and brand of choice?

Thanks!

Let me guess, you are running the often forgotten and now practically non-existant 13" tires. Curse the 20" inch and up crowd for making the 13's, 14's and even 15's a thing of the past. Try Tire America, Coker tire and here in Michigan, Discount Tire!! My buddy is the manager of a Discount Tire in Ann Arbor and always comes up with tires for me SOMEHOW!!! Good luck, Geof

From your post,are you running 15,s?If so B.F,s T/A,s still have raised white lettering.I just bought some 15,s also bought 14,s for my Dart Sport,s front last year!

trim 088.jpg

April 2007 077.jpg

Thanks, guys. Yeah, I'm running 15"x7" wheels in my signature, not the 13s. I probably should've pointed that out. D'oh! I appreciate the advice!

That is just stupid. There are white letter 15" available. I even got brand new 13" tires. The ones I actually was looking for. I dont know, tires are not a problem in my town.

here's some i think there 185-60-14 not 100% on the size i would go look but it not here right now, dont let them talk you into sometihng you dont want!

valiant 005.jpg

here's some i think there 185-60-14 not 100% on the size i would go look but it not here right now, dont let them talk you into sometihng you dont want!

That's a good lookin' little Valiant you have there V8-valiant, I dig the looks. I like those Torq-thrust wheels on there too!! I am especially fond of the hardtop look of the early A's, and yours fits my bill nicely!!! Geof

Thanks, guys. Yeah, I'm running 15"x7" wheels in my signature, not the 13s. I probably should've pointed that out. D'oh! I appreciate the advice!

Sorry chuckness, when I saw someone having a hard time finding tires, I automatically assume that it's a once popular size outmoded by the new trends of bigger rim and shorter sidewall ala "pimp my ride". I'm with the gang on this one, 15's should still be available just about anywhere, but maybe the tire man was referring to the rather tight confines of your inner fenders and couldn't recommend anything. Maybe he was just promoted from fry cook to chief bottle-washer and hasn't seen anything old school!!! One quick look at the size you are running right now should have scored something useable!!! Go back and hand him his fry apron and get the oldest guy there to help you out!!! Good luck, Geof

grand am radial gt's on waggin and dayton daytona sr's on 66 cuda both cars are 14's though.

I'm using 155/80/R15s on a 4 inch wheel. That ought to be small enough. BF Goodrich.

Got my goodrichs at sam's club, had to order them on line and pick them up at the store, they wouldn't mount them since i have wider on the back.

Go to Tirerack.com and check their BF Goodrich listings.....I think they still have them in 205-70/14...............

If I remember correctly, that's what I'm running on the front of my car, with 220s on the rear.

V8-valiant, is that a '64?

245/60/r14 grand am radials from good 'ol Les Schwab on the front and rear.
I adjusted the a arms up a scoch and went to air shocks on the rear. I like them just fine. They will rub on hard steering if you dont jack up the a arms.

-
Back