Raised White Letter Tires ? or Not ?

-
i think its ok if there solid white letters , the out line white letters, or as i call it, hollow white letters suck!!! you car looks good with white letters

had RWL on my car but they were smaller than I wanted and decided i needed something different. Not a fan of black wall tires on older cars

I like raised white letter tires, yeah I'm an OLD FART

Tried to make my Dart period correct

I think I got it

View attachment cragerSS.jpg

Goodyear eagle ST 195/70/14

View attachment redline.jpg

Firestone 225/70/14 by Diamond Back Classics

View attachment rearquarterview.jpg

View attachment 363.jpg

View attachment lowDart.jpg

Had RWL on the rally wheels and like the look, but on my cragers the redlines set it off and were optional on the 1967 Darts

I just had to, it's the old school in me I guess, Your car would look great ether way :colors:.
I have thought about going dog dish and red lines next time possibly, But I think on a sedan and the look I wanted at the time it was a must do for sure.

Attachments

• kennies%20camera%20$##$%20148.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 263
  • Tim%20Morlin%20Visit%207%2022%202010%20012.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 272
I think the red stripes would look good....

I say yes if they are a known brand tire (BFG's, GoodYear, Hoosier, etc...) Mine I don't like because they are an "off" brand.

I would say at least go with white letter and turn them in incase you change your mind later, I've got Firestone on my car turned in, 15'' on rear 14'' on front, they still made 14'' last year

I just replaced all four of my Goodyears with BF Goodrich T/A Radials. You be the judge... I do like the blue on the lettering and am hoping that it will not wear off for a while.

Get some paint and paint the letters blue.

Old farts have white letters lol

EXACTLY

If you're old enough to have been a part of the car scene in the 60s/70s/80s
you'll like raised white letters.
If you're a younger fella,you won't.

One of mine pic taken 1983

SlantVG001.jpg

EXACTLY

If you're old enough to have been a part of the car scene in the 60s/70s/80s
you'll like raised white letters.
If you're a younger fella,you won't.

One of mine pic taken 1983

SlantVG001.jpg

Wow ngkjw :tongue9: Dig the name :cheers:
I have looked every where for a picture of my white 70 barracuda trailer racer only :angry7: I named it Mother's Worry back in the day.

i just ordered rwl tires for mine. i love the look of rwl tires on old cars.i was going to get the bfg radial t/a s, but at the last minute found cooper cobras about 60. bucks cheaper.

I like RWL tires on old cars. But better tires are available in black walls.

On a side note...... I also like white walls with Cragers so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

-
Back