Raising rear end

-

jhdeval

Reaction score
I am curious how I would go about lifting the rear end. I was thinking if I take the rear mount of the leaf springs And mount it parallel to the ground versus perpendicular I can get a bit of lift. Any idea I have to do that would be to take a piece of square tubing weld one end then slice it corner to corner so I have an angled piece. Then just use the standard mounting point for the rear and drill new holes in square tubing for the mount.

Any other idea?

Well it makes more sense when you know about them. LOL I guess now I have an additional question. Are they okay to use on a 7.25 rear end? Is there a pre-assembled kit I am looking to go about 1.5-2 inches. Just kinda want that leaning forward stance on the Barracuda. I am also hoping it will give it a slightly meaner persona.

the leaf springs go underneath the axle. so ,hhmmm weld two new perches to the top of the axle and mount the leaf springs on top of it....... air shocks......air shocks and shackles.have your rear springs re-arched. and i have no idea what you mean by this "I take the rear mount of the leaf springs And mount it parallel to the ground versus perpendicular I can get a bit of lift."

the leaf springs go underneath the axle. so ,hhmmm weld two new perches to the top of the axle and mount the leaf springs on top of it....... air shocks......air shocks and shackles.have your rear springs re-arched. and i have no idea what you mean by this "I take the rear mount of the leaf springs And mount it parallel to the ground versus perpendicular I can get a bit of lift."

Basically what I mean by that is changing the point at which the rear leaf spring mounts.

Basically what I mean by that is changing the point at which the rear leaf spring mounts.

hmm i guess you would have to draw me a picture. we have jacked cars up every way possible and for instant gratification air shocks are going to do it, but having your springs re-arched is the best way.

Sounds like your springs are weak. 3 different ways of doing it. Air shocks,
coil over shocks, or new springs. All depends how much you got to spend.
Don't mess with the front spring mount. or changing the mount on the axle.
You will gain 3 inches swaping the axle mount.
Do it the right way, new springs.

After researching coil overs I decided against them because they lift the *** end up in a place not meant to hold the total weight of the car. I guess it's okay in combination with the leaf springs but the best way is really to re-arch the leaf springs or even spacers.

You could lower the front a little. I agree with the replace rear springs/ rearched springs posts. Why reengineer a rear suspension that works fine.

Air shocks is a bad idea. The shock mount is not designed to support all the cars weight and that is effectively what air shocks do when they lift the car above stock height.

Do it right.......Get new springs,preferably heavy duty.
They will raise the *** end. Lower the front with the torsion bars,done.

a longer rear shackle might be the best thing to try if your looking to do it cheap. to do it the right way, either go to a spring place and have some custom made or get some superstock springs. but keep in mind with the superstock springs one side will sit higher than the other. if you want it level order both for the same side.

a longer rear shackle might be the best thing to try .

Please, no

One big problem with "shackles" is that they allow SIDE movement of the rear axle, along with just plain lookin' silly

i038635.jpg

(Hint: My name is Eastwood. CLINT Eastwood)

tumblr_lmjxzgFMsB1qkfnoao1_500.jpg

he sayin like this... but not inboard...

just get XHD springs, ride great and lift is nice...

Attachments

• 101_4072.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 345
  • 101_4073.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 317
air shocks are a old easy fix but if you have any power it will unload the leaf springs and it will hop like a nova...lol

Air-Shocks have the capability of ripping uper shock bolts out,making them a poor choice.

I added a leaf to my dart. Got them from Jegs, or summit, for a small pickup truck, I think. Did one side at a time with the rear and springs in the car. Lifted it quite a bit. They were cheap, like 25-30 bucks

-
Back