Ralley Dash, gauges not working

-

340doc

Reaction score
My friend is putting a duster back together that we pulled out of a back yard, sitting since 81. The ralley dash was out and after installion the fuel and temp gauge do not work. He has a aftermarket oil pressure gauge. We tried grounding the temp wire under the hood and the sender wire at the tank with no result.. Any thoughts???

Just thought of something else, Im assuming the cluster gets power from somewere, would there be a power wire in the plug??

Make sure you have power to the cluster, then check voltage limiter if you have one (a small can, three prongs, plugs in circuit board)

The limiter that supplies approx 5 volts to the 3 gauges is inside the fuel gauge on the rallye panel.

Thanks Murray and Redfish i will check those things and see what happens!

Thanks Murray and Redfish i will check those things and see what happens!

You may need to enlarge the pic to see my drawing on it.
The 12 volt supply to the rallye panel is at approx 9 o'clock on the round harness connecter. It goes to the limiter in the fuel gauge and nowhere else. Thats the odd thing about a rallye panel , If the gauges dont respond to switch on you dont know if its live or not. Not one indicater lamp or anything else to look for.

Wow redfish, you really know your dashes! I was very impressed by your website too. I feel like were headed in the right direction now, thanks!!

-
Back