-
Status
Not open for further replies.

mitch

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hi , my name is MITCH i have a 1971 plymouth duster 340 and have a problem with the speedo, the speedo gauge neddle works fine and shows your speed but the odometer and the trip have never worked. I have tried to locate a replacement gauge here in the uk with no luck does anyone know if the are available in the us, thanks Mitch

Hi , my name is MITCH i have a 1971 plymouth duster 340 and have a problem with the speedo, the speedo gauge neddle works fine and shows your speed but the odometer and the trip have never worked. I have tried to locate a replacement gauge here in the uk with no luck does anyone know if the are available in the us, thanks Mitch

i would send it out and have it restore. somebody on here will tell you were to get that done.

I've got a customers 67 speedo here with the same problem. Rust has the digits frozen to their spindle. It would take a 3 horse Briggs to turn it. I can fix it but I really dont want to. there are only about 40 tiny parts inside that digit spool. Without the trip clock isn't as bad but still no fun. Good hunting

I had mine restored by "Dashworx" in Arkansas. They did a great job and it looks brand new and preformed flawlessly.

Its wierd how this forum effects me. Call it inspiration ? Nah, more like attitude adjustment.
I'm going to fix a digit spool today. I can fix a 2nd one for our UK brother here at the same time. PM on the way

Maybe you could find a local speedo or instrument repair shop in the UK to fix it.

If you are buying a used one, remember the 69-71 150 gauge has the numbers laid out vertically.

The '67 and '68 150 speedo and tach have the number laid out radially.

Its wierd how this forum effects me. Call it inspiration ? Nah, more like attitude adjustment.
I'm going to fix a digit spool today. I can fix a 2nd one for our UK brother here at the same time. PM on the way

Ben, you and 67Dart273 or some of the other electrical guys need to open a shop and do this kinda stuff!! The amt of shop space required is minimal and perfect for a home based business. The guys we went to had the electrical/electronic whizbangs for calibrating/testing/adjusting and a sandblast cabinet. I would imagine once you know how everything comes apart , you could get pretty quick at it. Keeping it neat and organized would be tough for me...well the electrical part too...LOL

Pic shows the tiny parts and broken pieces of plastic that fell out of the trip clock.
I had enough used parts here to get this one repaired. I cant predict how long it will run.
Unless I can find a source for new parts, I wont attempt to repair another.
Good luck to all

Attachments

• trip clock bruce.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 343
I thought it funny that the trip clock transmission is entirely different from the odometer. One having plastic the other metal, while the dials appear the same.

Are you saying its f**K** , cheers mitch

I'm only saying if yours needed parts that I dont have I cant fix it.
I've sent 2 inquiries today in search of parts.

The digit wheels in the trip clock have sprng steel tension collars on one side of there center hubs. The wheels in the odometer dont have those or as substantial center hubs to put such a collar onto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back