Rallye Center Cap Stuck

-

danielb927

Reaction score
How do you get the rallye center caps off of the wheel? I've got one that partly comes off and one that I can't get to budge in any direction. Been out there prying with a screwdriver for an hour. I'm afraid I'm going to bend the things as they flex a lot when I'm prying.

Is there some trick to this that I'm missing? I'd take the wheels off with the caps and push from behind but I can't get a wrench on the lug nuts with the cap on there.

Well now that would explain things. Now I just have to figure out how to get a wrench on the lugs...

I've got a tire iron but I can't get it on far enough because it hits the caps. I can only just get it over the nuts but can't get any torque on there or it slips. I'll try it with a socket though if I can find a 13/16". I think the tire iron just has more material around the socket so it can't fit in the hole in the center cap.

I am apparently not mechanically inclined today, already broke something at work too.

I've got a tire iron but I can't get it on far enough because it hits the caps. I can only just get it over the nuts but can't get any torque on there or it slips. I'll try it with a socket though if I can find a 13/16". I think the tire iron just has more material around the socket so it can't fit in the hole in the center cap.

I am apparently not mechanically inclined today, already broke something at work too.

Were just having fun with you, weve all had those days.

I could see how one of those tire irons might not work with the center cap.

Just get a socket that will fit, give her a twist and your good to go. :thumbup:

Got her off with a socket finally. Took three guys and a breaker bar to get the last one off, it was badly stripped and it took two of us to push it on deep enough to where there was grip. Needless to say, the crystal ball is showing some new lugnuts in the near future.

Thanks for the help, would not have known otherwise that the caps were screwed on. I'm used to that sort of thing being a snap fit like the trim rings, too much time working with my Mazda daily driver where everything's clipped together. Also found out I've got BBP adapters on SBP hubs in the back. Previous owner was nice enough to put two different sized lug nuts on for the front and back, too. The socket fit a lot better on the 3/4" ones in the front than the 13/16" in the back.

-
Back