rallye cluster part I'd help

-

ssba

Reaction score
Anyone know what this is and what years it should be used.
I am working towards a 68 barracuda cluster but have some parts from other years.
Thought this might be one of them.

Attachments

• IMG_20140826_230119_313.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 185
No, it's a radio noise supression capacitor. It was put there because of the gauge voltage limiter which rapidly cycles much like a flasher

Thanks guys. Looks like I will need it then. I looked under the dash of my other 68 and it wasn't
there. But these cars have had lots of hands on them over the years.

That noise cap is present in any that have a mechanical gauge voltage limiter.
If a solid state regulator is installed the noise cap is no longer needed.

Attachments

• IVR install rallye panel.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 163
This is awesome I was looking and asking all around today to find out the same. Just pulled my gauges to restore them yesterday and noticed the same part. I figured I would replace it while its out.

Not to hijack the thread but does anybody know where to find a new one? or should we just convert to what redfish said????

This is awesome I was looking and asking all around today to find out the same. Just pulled my gauges to restore them yesterday and noticed the same part. I figured I would replace it while its out.

Not to hijack the thread but does anybody know where to find a new one? or should we just convert to what redfish said????

That depends on what panel you have.

That's all. You hadn't said if yours was rally or standard panel.

I don't have a good answer for that one.
It's only purpose is prevent a pop noise in the speaker with OEM radios. Modern stereos have similar noise filters built in. Radio Shack might offer a filter that goes inline at the radio.

I don't have a good answer for that one.
It's only purpose is prevent a pop noise in the speaker with OEM radios. Modern stereos have similar noise filters built in. Radio Shack might offer a filter that goes inline at the radio.

Got ya. I'm upgrading the stereo so most likely it's not even needed anymore. Thanks.

Except for the connector on the end it's just a standard condenser like a points distributor uses, and you could use an oil pressure sender connector on the end.

Heck, you could even use a regular old points ignition condenser and put the pigtail under the nut instead of on the post like the picture.

-
Back