rallye dash harness

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow someone here was just trying to sell one here about 2 weeks ago. I don't know if he sold yet or not though.

The rallye dash harness isn't a lot different from standard. If you can move 3 wires from the round main harness connector to the 3 pins on the smaller left side board, check remaining wires in that round connector to be in correct positions, you're done.
The difference in those with/without a oil gauge was done on the printed circuit board and the different senders.

The rallye dash harness isn't a lot different from standard. If you can move 3 wires from the round main harness connector to the 3 pins on the smaller left side board, check remaining wires in that round connector to be in correct positions, you're done.
The difference in those with/without a oil gauge was done on the printed circuit board and the different senders.
i had a standard harness but it didn't work

yes I just did this with my standard harness, and it was very easy as long as you have the electrical schematics from a service manual to check everything. It all works great.

would a 67-69 cuda wiring harness work?

At 1970 the differences got a lot more complex. the ignition switch moved up in the column and took the hazard switch with it. A standard or rallye harness from pre 1970 would not have all the wires and connectors you need in 70 and later.

At 1970 the differences got a lot more complex. the ignition switch moved up in the column and took the hazard switch with it. A standard or rallye harness from pre 1970 would not have all the wires and connectors you need in 70 and later.

Well that shot down my plans! i have one from a 70 i planned on using on my 67 cuda build. So i may have one for sale.Do you need gauges and bezel? Think i'd like to off it as one unit.

Well that shot down my plans! i have one from a 70 i planned on using on my 67 cuda build. So i may have one for sale.Do you need gauges and bezel? Think i'd like to off it as one unit.

Actually there is a way to do the 70 up harness in a pre 70 car. You would need the entire in car harness and a 70 up steering column. The correct 70 up engine harness would be nice too.
You may have seen my right remote mirror build that required a second ignition switch bezel cut into my 67 dash for the mirror controller mounting. That is what to do with the original switch bezel location if the switch is moved to the column.
Am I making sense ? LOL I confuse myself at times too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back