Rallye Dash Radio

-

chev1171

Reaction score
I have 2 1970 340 Dart Swingers.
The problem is that there is 2 different radios in each car.
One has a thumb wheel radio ( which looks original to me) and the other has a knob style radio.
Does this make sense?????
The 2nd car has an after market stereo in it so I am going to have the dash restored and start looking for a knob radio.The dash looks like it's been butchered a little so I want to make sure .
Any opinions?
Thanks Dennis

Out of the 3 1970 340 Swingers I have owned:
The 2 early cars (Oct. and Nov. 1969) had Thumbwheel Radios,
The 1 Late car (Built May 1970) had a Knob Radio.

That's all I know.

Later,
Bruce B.

PS: I still have the Radios if you are interested.

Thanks for the response. The first problem is that the fender tag has been "misplaced" by the previous owner so I can't check the code.
Does anyone have a photo of a correct knob radio so that I can start searching for one( if that's what is correct)
Is there any possible way to determine an approx build date with only a VIN plate.
To Burnt Orange: My first NEW car was a 1970 340 Dart-auto trans.LOved the car only wish I had that one back but now I have two others to enjoy
Thanks,Dennis

IMG_0535 (Small).JPG

IMG_0416.jpg

Bruce:
Could you send me pictures of the radios and do they work.
How much are you asking for them.
Thanks,Dennis

I forgot to mention that that NEW car was a burnt orange color. It had a black interior and black stripe.The local Dodge dealer had 28 - 340 darts on the lot the day I bought mine. I was only 20 years old then.Like most of these cars ,I tried to hunt this car down but it met the usual fate, crashed and totalled.
Your car brings back fond memories. Wish I could find another that color

-
Back