Rallye Dash Screws

-

bob7four

Reaction score
Reassembling a 69 Barracuda rally dash bezel. The heads of the #8 fillister head screws called for are too small for the holes across the bottom. I understand the plate concept across the top but what am I missing for the bottom screws?

Top row are aided with clips and bottom row screw directly to dash. All are recessed so head is flush with dash. Top row are also grounds. Do you have the correct screws? they are special.

I have what are supposed to be correct screws. #8 fillister head. The one hole all the way to the right is correct size for screw. The other 3 holes across the bottom are too large for that head. I have another bezel I used for pieces and partsand it has the same size holes. First picture shows the difference between screw head and hole diameter. Second Pic is the back side if the holes in question. Is there something that goes in that recess?

20240921_131653.jpg

20240921_131742.jpg

Most likely the screws that are being used are not the original screws. I have found that even though the thread size is the correct, the heads are usually smaller than what was original. Kinda like a 2"x4" which is actually a smaller size 1 1/2"x 3 1/2"

-
Back